Multipurpose devices that do not require soap or detergent to do the actual cleaning must be very good at what they do, and in most cases, you will find that their regular users will usually swear by their abilities. Steam, when smeared on any surface at high pressure will normally create a drier steam that is then used to lift grease and dirt from the intended surface.
Before you start looking at available models, you need to understand that there are four different types of steamers, namely: vapor steam cleaners, cylinder steam cleaners, steam mops, and handheld steam cleaners. Regardless of their type, when it comes to actually shopping for one, you have to look at the following factors:
- Weight and Size: From handhelds to commercial cleaners, steam cleaners will normally come in varying sizes, weight, and shapes. Bulkiness will normally be dependent on the model that you choose to acquire for your home or office.
- Accessories and Attachments: Many steam cleaners will typically come with a few traditional attachments. These are attachments that can be used on different surfaces to assist you sanitize the different sections of the residence. Some accessories come with the steamer while others have to be acquired separately.
- Pressure and Temperature: These are two related factors that you will need to consider. They basically have to do with how hot your steamer is likely to get, as well as the total amount of steam that it is likely to generate.
- Size of the Water Tank: As is the case with a traditional iron, a steamer will continue to provide you with steam as long as it has water in its tank. When using a steamer with a smaller tank, you will be forced to refill its tank on an occasional basis.
Best Portable Steam Cleaners in 2018
A portable steamer is the ideal tool for use when you are looking to reach hard-to-access areas. For such tasks, we recommend you consider our list of the best portable steam cleaners in 2018:
- 10. Wagner 0282014 915 On-demand Steam Cleaner, 120 Volts
- 9. Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner, FH11300PC
- 8. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Corded
- 7. Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B
- 6. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner with 18 Accessories – All-Natural, Chemical-Free Pressurized Steam Cleaning for Most Floors, Counters, Appliances, Windows, Autos, and More
- 5. Pyle Portable Handheld Steamer – Automatic Power Off & Water Vapor Steam Lightweight Powerful Furniture Curtain or Cloth Wrinkle Cleaner Small Size Electric Pure Enrichment for Home & Travel – PSTMH14
- 4. Homegear X100 Portable Professional Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
- 3. Dirt Devil Steam Cleaner Easy Steam Corded Handheld Steam Cleaner PD20005
- 2. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner, Removes Stains and Neutralizes Odors for Clean and Fresh Results, Leading Portable Machine for Cleaning Carpet, Rugs, and Upholstery
- 1. Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F
- Final Thoughts
10. Wagner 0282014 915 On-demand Steam Cleaner, 120 Volts
The 915 On Demand Wagner power steamer is one steam cleaner that you will just want to have with you all the time. Its system is able to supply you with steam at the simple touch of a button. Once produced, the steam is able to sanitize and clean any surface using a single step, and without using any chemicals. You can use this particular steam cleaner to clean floors, barbeque grills, bathroom fixtures, and greasy stovetops. It comes with an assortment of utility brushes, wallpaper steam plate, filling funnel, window squeegee, measuring cup, floor cleaning pad and head, and as well two power extension cables.
9. Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet & Upholstery Spot Cleaner, FH11300PC
As a family person, you already know that a mess can occur at any time, and at any location. But when you have the Hoover Spotless portable steam cleaner, you will no longer need to worry about dealing with pet messes, muddy shoes, or drink spills on your upholstery anymore. The steam cleaner is able to effortlessly and spotlessly lift, as well as remove any stains that may be present by using a combination of hygienic deep-cleaning and powerful suction tools, combined with the added power of the Hoover expert detergents. This is the only steam cleaner in the market that is able to flush its hose clean after each cleaning cycle.
8. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner – Corded
The Bissell 3624 is a professional spot cleaner that is capable of removing tough stains and spots from your upholstery, stairs, as well as carpets. It comes with a flexible hose that will make it easier to access spots that may have proved a bit harder to clean with your normal steam cleaner. You can easily move around with this steam cleaner to reach areas such as your rugs, upholstery, and the stairs. It comes with a six-inch tool, a tough stain removal tool, as well as a deep cleaning formula. It also comes with a twenty-two-inch-long power cord to help you move around with ease.
7. Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B
This little green multi-purpose deep steam cleaner from Bissell comes with a very strong suction and spray cleaning capability. It has been made from at least fifty percent recycled plastic making it very eco-friendly. Included in its package is a three-inch cleaning tool that is intended to make it easier for you to scrub the stains away. Compared to foams and sprays, this spot clean remover is able to permanently do away with stains, spots, and deep-down dirt. When you rely on sprays, you can be sure that stains will always find a way to come back and haunt you. This little cleaning gadget makes sure that this does not happen to you.
6. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner with 18 Accessories – All-Natural, Chemical-Free Pressurized Steam Cleaning for Most Floors, Counters, Appliances, Windows, Autos, and More
Boasting of a total output of 1500 watts, this is one steam cleaner that does not require any chemicals for it to clean your house, and leave it spotless. It can be used to clean and details boats, cars, motorcycles, and trucks. The cleaner is able to remove odors and stains from floor mats, carpeting, as well as upholstery. In addition, it is also able to easily do away with grime and grease on chrome accessories, wheels, as well as the vehicle engine. Home users will find that it can come in handy when one is dealing with dirt that has been stuck on the garage doors, patio furniture, and BBQ grill.
5. Pyle Portable Handheld Steamer – Automatic Power Off & Water Vapor Steam Lightweight Powerful Furniture Curtain or Cloth Wrinkle Cleaner Small Size Electric Pure Enrichment for Home & Travel – PSTMH14
This is a perfect little steamer, especially for people who are always traveling. It is recommended for people who do not have a lot of items that require steaming—if you do, you may want to consider getting a bigger version. However, you will find that this particular version is convenient, easy-to-use, and very portable. You can easily store it anywhere in your house including below your bathroom sink. It is easy to fill-up as all you need to do is add a gallon of water and you will be good to go. On average, it takes a few minutes to heat up, which means that you should be done within five minutes or less.
4. Homegear X100 Portable Professional Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
This little handy steam cleaner from Homegear makes it easier for you to clean a broad range of surfaces. You can use it to kill bacteria as well as get rid of dirt in various surfaces in the residence. The portable steam cleaner has been designed to include 1,500 watts of power. It may seem like a lot, and it sure is, especially considering its small frame, but you need not worry about it overheating as there are safety measures to protect against this very thing. It comes with a 1.5m hose, cotton cleaning pad, and a micro-fiber chenille cleaning pad.
3. Dirt Devil Steam Cleaner Easy Steam Corded Handheld Steam Cleaner PD20005
This handheld steam cleaner from Dirt Devil makes it possible for you to easily clean and sanitize all types of surfaces without ever need to rely on chemicals. The portable cleaner is efficient and safe to use, provided that you follow all the instructions that have been included in its user manual. It also lets you clean countertops, showers, windows, sinks, and stoves. A fabric tool to help you deal with wrinkles has also been included in its packaging to help you refresh your clothing.
2. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner, Removes Stains and Neutralizes Odors for Clean and Fresh Results, Leading Portable Machine for Cleaning Carpet, Rugs, and Upholstery
The spot cleaner from Rug Doctor helps you clean the residence with a lot of ease. It is a cleaning machine that contains twice as much suction power as any other portable steam cleaner in the market. It comes with a very powerful motorized power brush that is able to rotate up to twelve hundred times in a single minute. It is a brush that is able to deep clean each fiber in your carpet as well as break down any stains that could be present. It comes with a retractable handle as well as a set of carpet-friendly wheels that will make it easier to move around the residence.
1. Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F
You can be able to permanently remove stains and spots wherever you come across them using this handy portable steam cleaner. It is able to remove even the toughest of stains that may have been around for a much longer duration. It comes with an ergonomic slim design and a portable size, which makes it great for cleaning auto interiors, carpets, upholstery, and rugs.
Many residences are able to manage without the services provided by a portable steam cleaner. However, those that choose to invest in these handy gadgets soon find that they are swifter, and more efficient than your traditional mop. The list above comprises of the best portable steam cleaners in 2018, which should make it easier for you to make a decision on which one to buy.