Choosing the right TV mounts can make the difference between keeping your treasured TV safe or crashing it if the TV stand that you choose is sub-standard. Some flat screen TV’s come with their own stands but majority do not and that is when you have to go shopping for one. There are lots of TV stands on the market and that means it is not an easy task settling on the best but at the end of reading this guide, you will be able to make an informed decision. The purpose of the stand is mostly to free up floor space and enhance your viewing experience.
There are a few things one needs to consider when buying the right TV stand. These are:
– Weight and size of your TV; it is very important to know the size and weight of your TV. Stands are not standard in the sense of one size fits all’. Some mounts were made to hold 60 inch sets, others were designed to carry sets that weigh up to 100 pounds, while others were built to hold 30 inch sets, know what type of stand you are looking for as well as the dimensions of your TV.
– Installation specifics; a good TV stand should be simple to install. It should not be complicated and should have an easy to follow step by step manual. All the components needed to assemble the stand should come as a package. For the heavy duty ones though, it would be wise to enlist the help of a professional installer.
– Features of the stand; it is good to look at these as well and they include the tilt and swivel function and probably the ability to tilt the stand to enable you to watch TV from any part of the room. Some stands come with a feature that allows you to ‘fold’ the TV when not in use as well as to tilt it to avoid straining your neck.
– Durability; it is always good to buy a product that will last over the years a TV stand notwithstanding. Look for the strong durable types that will not keep sending you back to the shop. Stainless steel is the best material for a stand, there are a lot of synthetic materials out there, but stainless steel is a sure bet.
Tips to consider.
- Always have the right brackets for a TV mounting as trying to fit a bracket that is not for the specific mount could be costly or dangerous.
- Always do the mounting with some help, do not do it alone.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Make sure the TV cables are out of the way after the mounting.
Best TV Mounts in 2019 Reviews
10. Fleximounts stand.
This TV mount is built to hold flat screen TV’s that are 32-65 inches. It is built from heavy gauge steel and can hold a weight of up to 132 pounds. In addition it has an adjustable tilt of 8 degrees forward and 12 degrees backwards, with a swivel of 180 degrees. Other features include a post installation level adjustment that allows the TV to level perfectly and a removable TV plate that is designed for a single person installation.
-The fleximount stand has a limited glare and weight option despite being able to swivel.
9. Sanus VSF409 Full motion mount;
If it is enjoy ability in watching TV that you are looking for, you should consider the Sanus VSF409 mount. With features such as tilt, swivel, extend and level without the use of tools, this is a mount built for convenience. It also has a feature that allows you to hide all those unsightly cables.
-The distance this stand can move from the wall is very little and hence it cannot allow you to watch TV from any corner of the room.
8. Mounting Dream MD2377-KT.
The mounting dream comes in a 9 piece complete solution kit pack and is quite sturdy with the ability to hold up 78 pounds. It also comes with 6-outlet surge protector (UL Listed), two 6 ft HDMI Cables, 3 Velcro cable ties, 100ml anti-static screen cleaning gel and Magnetic Bubble Level. The installation is simple with clear instructions in pre-labeled bags.
-As the instructions are clear, the mounting of the stand itself is simple but with all those wires, it gets a little tricky from there.
7. Level mount LM65PWT.
The level mount can hold flat screen TV’s of between 37-85 inches and comes with a motorized remote controlled tilt function. Its weight capacity is around 170 pounds putting it in the heavy-duty category. A built in bubble level is part of the package to enable easy installation.
-While a motorized tilting may be fun, this stand requires regular maintenance to give you that service.
6. Fortress mount.
This is a universal built mount that can fit most TV’s of between 40-70 inches weighing around 165 pounds coupled with a safety lock. It also allows for 3 degree rotation adjustment and includes a 5 inch Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable. The fortress mount comes with a life time guarantee.
– As it is for most models, functionality is not very diverse but limited.
5.VideoSecu TV wall mounting.
This mounting was uniquely designed for the small TV sets that go in the bedroom, bathroom or kitchen. It holds TV sets of between 12-24 inches weighing up to 33 pounds. It comes with an adjustable feature that allows it to extend up to 14 inches from the wall. The mount can also retract up to 2 inches to economize on space.
– It was only built for small TV sets making it not very strong and sturdy.
4.Sanus full motion articulating TV wall mount.
The Sanus full motion can easily mount a TV set of up to 80 inches and can extend 14 inches from the wall. It has a full mount motion and does not need tools to tilt or swivel and can tilt up to 10 degrees without a lot of pressure. In addition, it has a cable tie so that cables can look neat.
– This mount is quite pricey and can burn a hole in your pocket.
Carries a 30-65 inch TV set comfortably and has a swivel arm feature that allows it to extend up to 22 inches away from the wall. The mount also includes a -15 and +15 degree tilt angle to increase viewing pleasure. Included in this mount is the special ability feature which is not available in other mounts. This enables the mount to turn right and left.
2. VideoSecu MW380B2.
This is the most durable and sturdy TV mount around which can also hold the heaviest of TV sets in addition to tilting and swiveling. It can hold 165 pounds of weight and a size of 70 inches. The swivel can extend the TV 25 inches away from the wall, and it also has a lock and release feature.
– The price is quite limiting in addition to its inability to hold medium sized TV sets.
1. OmniMount OC175F
This mount was designed to carry the heaviest TV around it can carry a weight of up to 175 pounds and up to 90 inches in size. This feature also means it does not have the tilt or swivel feature as TV’s in this range do not require that feature. It also has a 3 part locking system and is very simple to install.
-Due to its heavy duty nature, it is not flexible in any way. It was built to be mounted and left alone.
For all your mounting needs, there is everything for everybody and TV set as well. With that knowledge, it is now easier to make a choice when it comes to mounting your TV, for a better viewing experience, saving space, as well as keeping your TV away from children and pets.