Living in an extremely hot or cold room can be unbearable and, working or relaxing in such an environment can be demotivating too. This is where air conditioners come in. Arguably, having the best air conditioner will not only provide maximum comfort but increase your productivity as well.
Seemingly, some rooms lack a central air conditioning systems, and those that might have doesn’t have enough fresh air circulation. Truth be told, life can be tough if you live in a poorly conditioned environment. Ultimately, this calls for a long lasting remedy to such a problem. A portable AC unit is the long lasting solution ideal for any individual having issues with heating and cooling. A unit that is highly durable produces less or no sound, one that is easy to install, and a product that can cool your room efficiently and quickly.
Best Portable Ac Units in 2019 Reviews
There exist a wide variety of models that one can choose from. But finding the best among the many products available can be a daunting task. So, what are the best products in the market? Let’s have a look;
- 10. EdgeStar 14,000 BTU Dual Hose
- 9. Friedrich PH14B 13500
- 8. Haier HPN14XHM 14 Portable Air Conditioner, 11
- 7. EdgeStar Extreme Cool
- 6. De’Longhi PAC N130HPE Portable Air Conditioner
- 5. EdgeStar 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner – White
- 4. NewAir AC-12000E Portable Air Conditioner
- 3. Haier Portable Air Conditioner
- 2. DeLonghi PACC100EC Portable Conditioner
- 1. Lite Portable Cooling Unit
10. EdgeStar 14,000 BTU Dual Hose
Made to have three fan speeds, customers can conveniently choose between the low, medium and high speed to achieve a perfect setting for noise and air output. It has a dual hose, the separate exhaust and intake hoses allow more air intake and cooling power that contributes to 40% faster cooling rate. Additionally, it has a heat added function that makes the unit versatile; whether in extremely cold or warm conditions, the unit will offer you a round-year comfort. Its brilliant designs allow for an automatic restart that allows you to store your selected settings; in a case of a power loss, the unit can automatically restart just before the power comes back on.
- The instruction manual is questionable. Customers have complained that the manual isn’t comprehensive enough to provide an excellent guide on the installation.
9. Friedrich PH14B 13500
Featuring an auto restart technology, Friedrich PH14B is capable of resetting in case there is a power outage or a power failure. It is highly portable, featuring an inbuilt handle and rolling wheels, users can move around with it from one room to another. With a 24-Hour programmable timer, the user can quickly set in advance before getting back to the house and find the desired room condition achieved. It comes along with three fan speeds; users can select their ideal temperatures by switching to any of the three fan speed. There is a window kit that works in horizontal and vertical window openings thus protecting the fan against any mechanical damages. Featuring a 4-in-1 system, the ZoneAire PH14B acts as a heater, air conditioner, fan and a dehumidifier for comfort and conditioning.
- The unit is not appropriate for heating or cooling a larger room. In case one has to use it for a big room, then the same has to install more than one conditioners in the setting.
8. Haier HPN14XHM 14 Portable Air Conditioner, 11
With a temperature adjustments knob, it is very easy for the user to control the interior temperatures by adjusting the knob to the required level. Additionally, it has a temperature and time displays that show the temperatures at a particular time thus facilitating necessary adjustments. It has a three fan speed modes; users can choose between the low, medium or fast speed depending on how hot or cold room is. It is efficient enough to serve large rooms; the heat option makes it an ideal asset in large rooms. The installation of the unit is very easy, the instruction manual that comes along with it is detailed enough to make the user informed. It is designed in a single hose model to meet interior climates needs.
- The sounds produced are a bit loud. It thus makes the living rooms and bedrooms noisy especially when one is tired and want a noise free relaxing environment.
7. EdgeStar Extreme Cool
Need a conditioner that you can control from the comfort of your coach? This the ideal unit to install at your premises. It comes along with an adjustable digital thermostat featuring a range of 61-89F temperature range that can be controlled by a remote. Featuring an auto drain system, all the condensate are exhausted automatically. It has a washable pre-filter thereby making it easier for the users to clean the unit when the dust has accumulated in the interior. Additionally, it has a replaceable carbon filter, an important feature because the filter can be replaced in the event it becomes worn out. No one would invest wholly in a new conditioner just because the older one has a worn out filter. It has extreme heat loads that can be able to heat up large rooms and halls.
- The only con that comes along with the unit is the noises it produces especially when used for a prolonged duration. This is typical for such electrical appliances that have moving parts.
6. De’Longhi PAC N130HPE Portable Air Conditioner
This particular unit is making the cuts due to its lower energy bills that it presents to users. It comes with utmost comforts, with it’s built in handles and smooth rolling wheels, you can comfortably move along with it to any room you want to heat or cold. It is easy to set up; there are no tools needed when setting, the whole unit is a digital technology that can be controlled by buttons or a remote. With a washable filter, it gives the freshest air achievable in the room. Unlike most of the units that are noisy, this particular appliance is designed to offer optimal comforts by providing a quiet operating environment.
- The overall performance of the unit is superb; the only issue is its limited area of service; it’s not appropriate for large rooms or halls.
5. EdgeStar 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner – White
Do you need an active unit with a limited lifetime warranty? Look no more. EdgeStar 14,000 BTU comes with a self-evaporative technology, no cases of drips like the traditional aircon. It has an intelligent auto mode that enables the unit to switch off automatically in the event of power loss. It features a unique design of three fan speeds presenting a wise selection to the users. It is capable of performing 24 hours without failures or loud noises that come along from a prolonged functioning. Additionally, It is capable of cooling up to 500 sq.ft depending on the heat load. It features a temperature range of 62-88 degrees, thereby making it ideal for heating and cooling in all areas. Finally, it comes with a window ventilation that shields the unit so that it’s not vulnerable to damage.
- The unit cools excellently, but it leaks in the event of the screw holes getting loose, especially after the vigorous resolutions the unit makes. Constant tightening of the screws should be maintained.
4. NewAir AC-12000E Portable Air Conditioner
Want a unit that features a multiple modes operation? NewAir AC-12000E BTU Portable unit offers you exactly that. It has an efficient multitasking design whereby the users can switch it to function as a dehumidifier, a fan or an air conditioner. It has a built-in ionizer that purifies the air by trapping any possible particles that could be present in the air thus giving a fresh air in the rooms. It is capable of cooling up to 425 square feet; it is thus useful in both large and small rooms. Producing a 51dB sound, the unit becomes one of the quietest conditioners we have around; there no cases of loud noises that would rather be uncomfortable to have around. Featuring a programmable timer, the user can quickly complete units control at the comfort of the coach.
- The only issue is that the unit has raised the difficulties users find when trying to fit the exhaust, they claim it is very heavy and too short.
3. Haier Portable Air Conditioner
Made with solid construction, this unit presents a little vibration hence giving room for a quieter operation. It comes along with a remote control that can be used for turning the fun off in the middle of the night when you want it off. The remote stows that are on top of the output ventilation can be left close in case it isn’t in use. It has a LED panel that has a bright blue LED flashlight that is capable of lighting up the whole room. It’s powerful enough or cools a big room or a hall; users can use only one instead of installing many conditioners in the room. It’s highly portal, can be employed in the living room and be taken to be a bedroom.
- The design of this particular unit has a flaw; it doesn’t have a provision for draining the condensation. The instruction manual doesn’t give directions on the same too.
2. DeLonghi PACC100EC Portable Conditioner
Featuring a good timing, this unit has a 12-hour timer that gives users flexibility convenience in that they can keep it running when they need it to be functioning. With an easily accessible filter, it becomes very easy to wash the filter thereby achieving a fresh air environment. As opposed to other appliances in the market, this particular unit presents a no-drip technology that is primarily targeted to a recirculating system that recycles condensation so as to prevent drips. Featuring a portable comfort design, it has in-built handles and rolling wheels that make it easy to move along from one room to another. With an adjustable thermostat, the energy consumption can be easily regulated thereby achieving lower energy bills.
- The loud noises produced from the clanging of the fan on the unit at times can make a room uncomfortable to stay in especially during the unit.
1. Lite Portable Cooling Unit
With a built-in evaporator, the condensed water can be expelled out through a provided directional exhaust duct hence eliminating the use of the drain tube, water collection tank or a drain pan. There is a flexible tube to let in the cold air where it is required most. It has an SRCOOL12K that dehumidifies and filters air, therefore, providing a better air quality that enhances the equipment performance. The thermostat that comes along with the unit allows for adjusting the power to required levels hence lowering energy bills. Additionally, it pumps 12000 BTU cooling power to users IT environment thus preventing failures, shutdowns, and malfunctions that are caused by fluctuating temperatures or overheating temperatures.
- Customers have raised questions on the construction of the exhaust; they claim it isn’t pure metal, has plastic components thereby making it get blown off when the unit exhausts hot air.
Above is a detailed review of the portal AC units that have made the cuts inin 2018, all with varying features that make each distinctive. The report will aid you on how to purchase an ideal air conditioner, one that is a real worth for your money and a durable air conditioner. Just have scrutiny and take every highlighted aspect into consideration, you’ll surely get an excellent asset for your home or office applications