Dogs like to explore, run around, and get a good feel of the outdoor fresh air. For pet lovers with large dogs, they have noticed that there are instances when they easily become violent or bored, especially when you attempt to keep them in the residence for long durations. It is essential to keep in mind that dogs are naturally live animals, and will always try to do what they can to go out and play.
As such, if you would like to leave your pet outside when you go to work, school, or shopping, you should consider purchasing a kennel. But what are the factors to consider when purchasing one?
- Size: You need to confirm that it is the right fit. Kennels traditionally come in varying sizes, with some big meant for smaller breeds, and others for the larger dogs. Therefore, confirm that you have chosen the size that will match its size correctly.
- Sturdiness of the materials used: As a pet owner, you will want to choose a kennel that has been well-crafted, and one that has been made from heavy-duty materials. No one wants to leave their pet in the kennel only to come later and realize that the dog managed to escape from its kennel and is now running all over the neighborhood.
- Cover or roof: While you are gone, it may start raining or becoming too hot inside the kennel. Purchasing a kennel with a roof or cover made from materials that are UV resistant will ensure that it has some shade as it continues to play in the kennel.
Best Outdoor Dog Kennels in 2018
Having looked at the factors you need to consider when purchasing a kennel for your dog, lets now take a look at our top 10 best outdoor dog kennels of this year. The following is a list of our top picks for this year, which should make it easier for you to make a pick:
- 10. Confidence Pet Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor Winter House
- 9. UV Rated 85% Block Dog Kennel Cover Sun Block Shade Top with Grommets and Cable Ties for Installation
- 8. BestPet Welded Wire Dog Kennel Heavy Duty Playpen Included a Roof and Water-Resistant Cover（4’x4’x53′
- 7. Lucky Dog Uptown Welded Wire Kennel
- 6. Advantek Original Pet Gazebo Outdoor Dog Kennel with Reversible Cover
- 5. PawHut Outdoor Covered Dog Box Kennel
- 4. 4’x4’x4.4′ Outdoor Heavy Duty Playpen Welded Dog Kennel w/Water-Resistant Cover
- 3. Lucky Dog Dog Kennel with Waterproof Cover Modular Box Kennel – This Welded Animal Enclosure is Perfect for Medium to Large Dogs and Animals and is Designed with Their Safety and Comfort in Mind
- 2. PawHut 10′ x 10′ x 6′ Outdoor Chain Link Box Kennel Dog House with Cover – Silver
- 1. Neocraft Companion Pet Kennel
- Final Thoughts
10. Confidence Pet Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor Winter House
This is a dog kennel that has been made using durable and tough plastic to ensure that your pets have a comfortable place to rest and sleep in during the cold nights. The kennel is spacious, and provides a large internal volume that is capable of accommodating up to two pets. Although it is made from plastic, its design and sturdy construction means that it is able to provide a hygienic home for your pets. It features a large door opening, is fairly lightweight, has a high roof height for your large dog, and is very easy to assemble. All you have to do is follow the instructions that have been provided in the accompanying manual.
9. UV Rated 85% Block Dog Kennel Cover Sun Block Shade Top with Grommets and Cable Ties for Installation
This Nickanny dog kennel cover top is designed to keep your pets dry during the cold, rainy nights, and cool, during the warm summer days. The top is manufactured in the United States, and has been designed to provide up to one hundred percent protection from UV rays. It comes with a shade exposure rating of up to 85% and is able to reduce temperature inside the kennel by up to fifteen degrees. The shade top is easy to assemble as it comes with cable ties that can easily be attached to the kennel sides. It is also durable, which means that you do not have to worry about replacing it after a few months due to unwanted sun damage or wind damage.
8. BestPet Welded Wire Dog Kennel Heavy Duty Playpen Included a Roof and Water-Resistant Cover（4’x4’x53′
This is a heavy-duty kennel for your dog that is ideal for both residential and commercial uses. Its wire mesh and steel bars are welded before coating can be done to ensure that its sharp edges will not harm your dog in any way. Its coating also helps protect the kennel from corrosion and rust that is bound to start occurring when the kennel is exposed to weather elements for too long. Its set-up process is quite simple as the kennel comes with module panels that have already been pre-assembled for you. The panels are easy to connect, and can be tightened using clamps. It is, however, recommended that you anchor them to the ground to guarantee their stability.
7. Lucky Dog Uptown Welded Wire Kennel
All homes deserve to have a family dog, and each dog ought to have a good, and comfortable home. This is something that the designers at Lucky Dog kennels keep in mind every time they are creating a new product. This particular kennel is everything that a home needs to ensure that its pet is comfortable, safe, and happy. It is easy to clean, thanks to its 11/2 inch raised legs that make it easier to access and clean its floors. In addition, it has been made from high-quality welds with no sharp edges thereby helping you provide your pet with a strong, and sturdy home. The kennel is easy to assemble as it comes with modular welded panels that can easily be connected together to create the kennel.
6. Advantek Original Pet Gazebo Outdoor Dog Kennel with Reversible Cover
Advantek prides itself in providing your pets with a kennel that is luxurious, comfortable, and safe. The gazebo shaped kennels are designed to safely accommodate a different number of dogs in each. You can choose between the single, double, and multiple gazebos for your beloved pets. Despite the fact that there are various choices to choose from, the kennels are easy to assemble and will require less than ten minutes to complete setting up. Each gazebo comes in an octagonal design, and is built using sturdy steel materials, before being coated with an Advantek-patented powder coat to provide the pets with a luxurious, and safe environment that they can call a home.
5. PawHut Outdoor Covered Dog Box Kennel
The Pawhut outdoor kennel comes with everything that you will need to easily and quickly assemble an outdoor home for the four-legged member of your family. The kennel has been made using commercial-grade steel to guarantee durability, and comes accompanied by a UV resistant, and reversible canopy cover. The purpose of this cover is to provide the pet with protection from sun and rain. Another outstanding feature is the fact that this kennel can easily be connected to another kennel without having to acquire additional panels or parts. Its interior is quite spacious helping provide your dog/s with enough room to play and exercise, as well as enjoy other outdoor activities or within the confines of its kennel.
4. 4’x4’x4.4′ Outdoor Heavy Duty Playpen Welded Dog Kennel w/Water-Resistant Cover
This is a heavy duty outdoor kennel that is made from rust resistant wire, and is accompanied by an enclosed waterproof tarp hoisted above a steel frame. You do not need to worry about the assembly process as it comes with a pre-assembled gate and panels. Its gate is lockable using a latch, and has been made using sturdy construction wire. The wire has been properly coated to help protect it from rust. The kennel can be placed in a patio, large deck, or backyard. As a pet owner, you need not worry about the cleaning and waste removal process as there is room for you to do all this. Its additional features include a water-resistant cover, and modular shaped panels for easy assembly.
3. Lucky Dog Dog Kennel with Waterproof Cover Modular Box Kennel – This Welded Animal Enclosure is Perfect for Medium to Large Dogs and Animals and is Designed with Their Safety and Comfort in Mind
The Lucky dog kennel has been designed to come with pre-assembled panels that are meant to simplify the installation process. Its designers have used a modular design leaving the consumer with enough room to carry out any customizations they may like. For assembly, all you need to do is place the panels in an upright position, and then bolt them together. It has a square design that helps make sure that the pet will not be injured as it runs around inside the kennel.
2. PawHut 10′ x 10′ x 6′ Outdoor Chain Link Box Kennel Dog House with Cover – Silver
It is an outdoor kennel that contains everything you would ever need to easily assemble an outdoor enclosure to guarantee your pet’s safety. Its durability is guaranteed thanks to the use of commercial grade steel frames, steel fittings, and a heavy-duty chain-link material meant to ensure that the pet is not hurt. Its canopy is UV resistant and has been made from a water-resistant material, which helps to make sure that the dog will remain dry and cool at all times.
1. Neocraft Companion Pet Kennel
The Neocraft dog kennel from My Companion Portable kennel is probably one of the easiest to assemble. It is a kennel that comes with a simple four-step assembly process that does not require the use of any professional tools. All you have to do is unfold and connect the kennel, add the panel feet, assemble the steel rods to be sued in holding the cover, and then attach the canopy. The kennel can easily be folded for storage purposes. It also comes with a carrying tote that makes it easier for you to travel with the kennel when going camping or when traveling for vacations.
Having looked at our comprehensive list of outdoor dog kennels, we hope it will now be easier for you to make a decision on which one to purchase for your pets. The one thing you should note is that many of these kennels come with more or less of the same features. However, always consider the size and easy of assembly before making your purchase decision.