The primary purpose of multi-vitamins for women is to bridge nutrition gaps in the daily diet. Although the medical fraternity is divided on the issue of daily multi-vitamin use, not all minerals and nutrients are available in our foods, hence the need to boost diets with multivitamins. Overall, multi-vitamins play a very significant role and can help deter some chronic diseases, while keeping others under control. Women require multi-vitamins for one issue or the other. For example, a woman can take folic acid to avoid congenital disabilities or a calcium-rich supplement to overcome osteoporosis.
There are classes of women who require these essential nutrition vitamins daily as recommended by health professionals. Shopping for them though can be a very confusing experience due to the sheer numbers of the products in the market. So as to avoid the confusion, it is always good to read the label of a multi-vitamin product. Ensure that the vitamin, nutrient or mineral that you require is included in the product as well as at what levels.
Best Multivitamins for Women in 2018
It is also good to note the multi-vitamin that falls in your age group. Most multi-vitamins that are geared towards women have generous doses of calcium, which women need in large quantities. The use of multi-vitamins should be restricted to those women that do not get enough of a certain supplement from their daily diet. To help you out when selecting the best multi-vitamin that can work for you, here are some of the leading supplement products in the market for the ladies.
- 10. Puritan’s Pride High Potency Timed Release Ultra Woman
- 9. Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions
- 8. Nature’s Way Alive! Women’s Gummy Vitamins
- 7. Nature’s Way Alive! Once Daily Women’s 50+ Ultra
- 6. Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins, Natural Berry Flavors, 150
- 5. Dr. Tobias Multivitamin & Mineral Plus Enzymes
- 4. Rainbow Light, Certified Women’s Multivitamin, Made with Organic
- 3. SuperNutrition Simply One Women’s Multivitamin Tablet, 90 Count
- 2. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women, Women’s Multivitamin, 120 Capsules.
- 1. Rainbow Light, Women’s One Multivitamin, 150 Tablets
10. Puritan’s Pride High Potency Timed Release Ultra Woman
This is an energy metabolism supplement for women. It is very well packaged making it have an attractive look and comes in tablet form; 90 in total. The key ingredients in Puritan Pride are; Calcium, Iron, Folic acid and B-6. This supplement is formulated to release nutrients over a period of time, with continued use and is not a one-off dose kind of supplement.
When it comes to pricing, Puritan’s Pride is pocket-friendly compared to other supplements on the market with the same formulation. Dosage is one tablet per day. The product has served more than nineteen million customers in the last 40 years, and none has given negative reviews about this supplement. Besides, it is backed by a satisfaction guarantee, and a generous money back guarantee to give you confidence that the product is genuine.
- Due to its use of synthetic ingredients with poor bioavailability, the effectiveness of this supplement is slow. It also misses some key common ingredients available in other multi-vitamins.
9. Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions
Nature’s Bounty multi-vitamin comes in the form of gummies and is packed with over ten nutrients to help women bridge their nutritional gaps. The gummies come in two flavors; raspberry and mixed berry to sweeten the deal. The supplements in this supplement aim at improving health for women in the areas of immunity, energy and bone health. Each daily serving provides the body with anti-oxidants and other nutrients that convert food into energy. The daily recommended dose is two gummies preferably with meals.
- This supplement is not recommended for pregnant women or those who have a medical issue or undergone surgery unless they are recommended by your doctor.
8. Nature’s Way Alive! Women’s Gummy Vitamins
Sweetened with natural fruit flavors, Nature’s way multi-vitamins are packed with the equivalent of 26 fruits and seven vegetables. They are made in the form of gummies and are free of artificial flavors and preservatives. They are also free from yeast, gluten, eggs or any dairy products. The supplement is good for the heart, bones, digestion energy, immunity, and eyes. The pack comes with 75 gummies, and the recommended daily dose is 3 per day.
- A few clients, found them to have an odd taste and some, said they had to hold their noses while chewing the gummies due to this fact.
7. Nature’s Way Alive! Once Daily Women’s 50+ Ultra
This supplement product is designed for women over 50, and the formula includes vitamins, minerals, vegetables, fruits, and antioxidants. They help to support immunity, energy, healthy bones, eyes, Heart and colon health. There are additional nutrients that take care of urinary health, nails, hair, skin and breast health. The supplement does not contain any sugars, salts, yeasts, wheat, soy or any artificial flavors or preservatives.
- In case you have diabetes, high blood pressure or a kidney disorder, these supplements are not for you unless on the advice of your doctor.
6. Vitafusion Women’s Gummy Vitamins, Natural Berry Flavors, 150
Made from natural flavors, this supplement is made to provide an alternative to the hard to swallow tablets. One pack comes with 150 gummies which are formulated to support women in bone health and energy metabolism; two areas a lot of women encounter issues. The product is free from allergens and can be used by adult women of all ages. For this supplement to be effective, a total of two gummies is recommended daily. Animal and dairy products are not used in the manufacture of this supplement.
- If not stored properly and if the lid of the container is left open for long periods, these supplements change the taste and can even grow mold.
5. Dr. Tobias Multivitamin & Mineral Plus Enzymes
Made from natural sources which include 42 different vegetables and fruits, Dr. Tobias multivitamins are formulated to support heart health, immune system health, digestive system health, hormone system health and to reduce environmental stress. The supplement comes in tablet form with each tablet containing powerful antioxidants that help prevent damage caused by free radicals. In addition, they also boost the production of collagen which enhances healthy skin and slows aging. The bottle comes with 90 tablets which are a month’s supply.
- The tablets that are the supplements are quite large, and some customers found them a bit cumbersome to swallow, especially three times a day.
4. Rainbow Light, Certified Women’s Multivitamin, Made with Organic
This women’s multi-vitamin supplement is made with organic fruits and vegetables and comes in capsule form. It is formulated with antioxidants and herbal complexes that are aimed at renewing core body systems. This, in turn, results in sustained energy, longevity and an improved immune system able to ward off disease. This supplement is made of whole foods and adaptogenic herbs which offer unbeatable energy and strength. The antioxidants in this supplement provide digestive and liver support while helping the body to get rid of toxins from the body.
- For women who are on birth control, this is not a supplement for you as it reacts negatively with birth control pills, and might hamper their effectiveness.
3. SuperNutrition Simply One Women’s Multivitamin Tablet, 90 Count
The SuperNutrition supplement is made from an organic blend of several herbs. The purpose of this supplement is to aid in the reduction of PMS, boost heart health and provide higher energy and potency levels. Due to its great effectiveness, only one tablet is required per day after a meal. Vegetarians can also use this supplement as it is free of any animal and dairy products. Since the ingredients are food based, the supplement is easily digested into the system at a fast rate.
- Due to its natural ingredients, the color and taste of the pills change with time, which does not go down well with some of the customers.
2. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women, Women’s Multivitamin, 120 Capsules.
Opti-women multi-vitamins have been designed as a comprehensive nutrient optimization system, complete with botanicals, antioxidants and other gender-based components. Each pill has over 40 active ingredients, and the capsules are easy, to swallow. The supplement contains 23 Vitamins and essential minerals which include; iron, zinc calcium. With unique ingredients such as soy, isoflavones, Chasteberry Extract and Uva Ursi, only two capsules are required daily to get the maximum benefit of this supplement.
- Apart from one customer who got a bottle with only 55 pills instead of the recommended 120, there is no other con for this product that has surfaced.
1. Rainbow Light, Women’s One Multivitamin, 150 Tablets
This is the number one selling multivitamin for women currently. The supplement is in the form of tablets while the pack comes with 150 tablets to be taken one each day, with meals. What makes this product a hit with women, is the number of supplements that have been packed into one tablet. With over 25 million bioactive probiotics and over 800 broad-spectrum enzymes and vitamins, it is no wonder that this supplement is the most popular.
It aids in heart, bone, immune and energy departments and is efficient and effective. Furthermore, the supplement is 100 percent natural, and you won’t experience any fatal side effects.
- Due to its high demand and effectiveness, this supplement does not come cheap, and supplies sometimes run out for weeks at times. Moreover, this product develops some dark spots when it is exposed to wet surfaces, although this doesn’t compromise the safety of the product.
Just like food, not all supplements agree with everybody. Some may cause stomach upsets to some, nausea, while others may not have any effect on some. If you fall into this category with any supplement, discontinue its use and try out another one, you will always find one that fits you best. It is also worth noting that supplements should not be substituted for medicine or to treat medical conditions, they are just there to supplement your food.