It can be overwhelming to choose a cookware set due to the fact that there are several sets to choose from. The different materials the manufacturers produce the sets can further complicate the selection. Some cookware sets are even made of two or three of these materials combined, further aggravating the situation. Copper, aluminum, cast iron and stainless steel are among the standard materials used, and each has different characteristics, so it is always good to know beforehand the type of cookware set you would prefer. Last but not least, the best cookware sets would help save your money on any other pans.
The most important aspects though should be, heat conductivity, price, durability, reactivity, and maintenance. When it comes to conductivity, for example, copper is the best conductor of heat which means a cookware set made from copper will cook food faster. When it comes to durability, that prize goes to stainless steel cookware models which maintain their looks and continue to give service for years on end.
Best Cookware Sets in 2019
Reactivity is also an imperative factor; a good example being aluminum; it reacts with tomatoes and other acidic dishes which does not rule out the possibility of the food absorbing the metal. When it comes to buying cookware, price does matter as the cheaper the product, the more low quality it is, so it is important to buy quality affordable cookware that will be of service to you for longer. For a more informed choice, here are the top 10 best cookware sets worth considering.
- 10. Cuisinart 66-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Piece Cookware.
- 9. Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set>
- 8. Chef’s Star Professional Grade Stainless Steel 17 Piece – Best Cookware Sets
- 7. Cuisinart 66-17 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 17-Piece Cookware.
- 6. Gotham Steel 10-Piece Kitchen Nonstick Frying Pan
- 5. Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware.
- 4. Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro – The Best Cookware Sets
- 3. Calphalon Simply Calphalon Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Piece
- 2. Rachael Ray Hard Enamel
- 1. Farberware Millennium Stainless – Best Cookware sets
10. Cuisinart 66-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Piece Cookware.
This is a 14-piece cookware set that would make for a great upgrade. The set consists of the most utilized cookware in the kitchen which includes saucepans of different sizes, skillets, stockpot, a steamer and a pasta insert. The set has a sleek design that would also look attractive in your kitchen. With a non-stick feature, this set helps you to make low-fat meals while making cleaning much simpler.
Even with temperatures of up to 500 degrees the Cuisinart cookware set does not create hotspots. Instead, it distributes the heat evenly. The cookware surface is Quantanium reinforced with titanium, while the outside is made from an anodized aluminum material.
- You should not take this set through a dishwasher as it causes the set to discolor. The set is also very light in weight which does not make it very durable.
9. Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set>
This set fits well with Chefs and large families for the fact that it consists of everything required to make a great meal. The set includes three saucepans, three skillets, a large saute’, the versatile 9-quart stockpot that has a pasta insert & a steamer insert that fits both the 2-quart and 3-quart saucepans. Other features include a polished stainless steel exterior with an aluminum interior to enable for fast cooking and riveted stainless steel handles that remain cool even when cooking.
- It seems that the product is at high demand because it is often out of stock in most sites. The price also varies.
8. Chef’s Star Professional Grade Stainless Steel 17 Piece – Best Cookware Sets
This is a 17 piece pots and pan set that you can take it through safely through dishwasher. You don’t feel hesitate to heat the temperature up to 550 degrees with this set. In case you would like to store food in the freezer, this set is compatible, and food can be stored in it. The manufacturer ergonomically shapes the handles very well to ensure that they do not slip even when wet in addition to durability. The set can cook food with any source of heat due to its stainless steel material with the bottom encapsulated with impact bonded aluminum.
- This cookware set is not very easy to clean. You may need more than a simple soap and water. That is to say, you should soak the set for some time so that you can wash them off easily.
7. Cuisinart 66-17 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 17-Piece Cookware.
The manufacturer constructs this set from hard anodized cast stainless steel for durability purposes. Moreover, the set features a Quantanium non-stick interior, with Cool Grip, riveted handles that do not heat up. This set can take temperatures of up to 500 degrees and are compatible with all sources of heat including; gas, halogen, electric and glass-ceramic stove-tops. When it comes to heating, this cookware set heats evenly and has a generally good performance.
- This set is not dishwasher safe, and it also gets scratched very easily. It also does not have a medium sized pot which most families use.
6. Gotham Steel 10-Piece Kitchen Nonstick Frying Pan
The Gotham set prides itself for a thermally efficient aluminum cookware set that provides fast, rapid and even heating. This means that the cooking results are always consistent and the use of oil or butter for healthier meals is not necessary when using this set. Gotham builds the set to last long with ceramic reinforced titanium. Without any problem, it can take the heat up to 500 degrees. Moreover, it works very well with both gas and electric stoves. The handles of this set are contoured for better grip and are riveted to make the pots and pan sturdy. The Gotham Steel set comes with a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Despite its tough and hardy make, there are some functions that drawback this set. For example, if you knead potatoes for so long and often, it will risk damaging the interior.
5. Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware.
If you are hunting for an elegant cookware set, this is one of them. This 11- piece set is of heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum which gives sufficient heat conductivity. The interior has 3-layer multiple reinforced coating systems which allow for non-stick and even heating properties. When it comes to the handles, the Anolon is very proud of its silicone and stainless steel that make the durability and strength out of question. Cleaning is a walk in the park due to this set’s efficient non-stick property.
- The handles tend to get extremely hot when on top of a burning stove, making handling tricky. Besides, you should handwash the set to sustain the coating and to keep them last long.
4. Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro – The Best Cookware Sets
This is a 12-piece stainless cookware set that forms the majority in the market. The exterior of this set is brushed steel while the interior is the pure aluminum core that offers even heating. The interior does not react with food while the handles work strongly to prevent heating. The handle features a thumb grip to enable a good hold. Thanks to the high-quality steel, you can take the set safely through dishwasher and oven. The design is also attractive and would look good in any kitchen. Cleaning is also easy as it can be passed through a dishwasher.
- The stainless steel lids requires that you lift them of to check on your food when cooking if you need to. Moreover, stainless steel utensils also stain very easily.
3. Calphalon Simply Calphalon Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Piece
The Calphalon cookware set is for an easy meal preparation due to its hard anodized aluminum for durability. It has a long-lasting non-stick interior that allows for easy release of food and makes cleaning easy. The comfort grip handles stay cool for the entire cooking time while also giving a non-slip secure hold. The set also comes with tempered glass covers that can take up to 400 degrees of heat. Checking the food progress is also easier as you do not have to lift the lid. The set is compatible with all sources of heat.
- The handles heat up to the point where you cannot touch them. It is because the silicone does not cover the handles entirety. You might need kitchen gloves for safety.
2. Rachael Ray Hard Enamel
This is a beautiful, stylish and functional set that has a two-tone gradient exterior that adds color to your kitchen in addition to heating evenly. It has a long-lasting non-stick interior that allows food to glide off easily making washing quick and easy. The plastic double riveted handles stay cool for up to temperatures of 350 degrees, while the tempered glass lids keep the moisture in as one does not have to lift the lid to check on the food. The plastic handles also make it very convenient for turning, transporting and pouring.
- Even with the firm support, the handles still get hot. This is because they do not build the coating of this cookware set to stand with the heat for very long.
1. Farberware Millennium Stainless – Best Cookware sets
This is a versatile cookware set that can cook for large gatherings or an individual meal with no qualms. It comes with a sturdy stainless steel design and an encapsulated thick base made of aluminum. Given these features, the set creates a long-lasting, even-heating stylish plus to your kitchen. The set has a metal guard nonstick surface that has an amazing food release, and it is metal utensil safe as well. The manufacturer rivets the double handles with stainless steel to offer strength. In addition, this set can take temperatures of up to 500 degrees comfortably. For cleaning, you can take the set safely through dishwasher. Lastly, the glass covers are a tight fit keeping food moisture and nutrients in.
- Grime easily sticks to the surface of this cookware, and when that happens, it does not easily come off unless soaked in soapy water.
Other things to consider when buying a cookware set, is how often you cook, your expertise in the kitchen and most importantly your budget. It would not make sense to buy a 20-piece set yet you will end up using just a few pieces. Stainless steel sets will always reign supreme when it comes to cookware sets, with their only drawback being their poor heat conductivity. To remedy that, you can pick stainless steel cookware that comes with a layer of say, copper.