It is not easy to choose a cookware set as there are several sets to choose from. The matter is complicated further by the different materials the sets are made from. Some cookware sets are even made of two or three of these materials combined, further aggravating the situation. Copper, aluminum, cast iron and stainless steel are among the standard materials used, and each has different characteristics, so it is always good to know beforehand the type of cookware set you would prefer.
The most important aspects though should be, heat conductivity, price, durability, reactivity, and maintenance. When it comes to conductivity, for example, copper is the best conductor of heat which means a cookware set made from copper will cook food faster. When it comes to durability, that prize goes to stainless steel cookware models which maintain their looks and continue to give service for years on end.
Best Cookware Sets in 2018
Reactivity is also an imperative factor; a good example being aluminum; it reacts with tomatoes and other acidic dishes which does not rule out the possibility of the food absorbing the metal. When it comes to buying cookware, price does matter as the cheaper the product, the more low quality it is, so it is important to buy quality affordable cookware that will be of service to you for longer. For a more informed choice, here are the ten top cookware sets worth considering.
- 10. Cuisinart 66-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Piece Cookware.
- 9. Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set>
- 8. Chef’s Star Professional Grade Stainless Steel 17 Piece
- 7. Cuisinart 66-17 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 17-Piece Cookware.
- 6. Gotham Steel 10-Piece Kitchen Nonstick Frying Pan
- 5. Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware.
- 4. Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro
- 3. Calphalon Simply Calphalon Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Piece
- 2. Rachael Ray Hard Enamel
- 1. Farberware Millennium Stainless
10. Cuisinart 66-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 14-Piece Cookware.
This is a 14-piece cookware set that would make for a great upgrade. The set consists of the most utilized cookware in the kitchen which includes saucepans of different sizes, skillets, stockpot, a steamer and a pasta insert. The set has a sleek design that would also look attractive in your kitchen. With a non-stick feature, this set helps you to make low-fat meals while making cleaning much simpler.
Even with temperatures of up to 500 degrees the Cuisinart cookware set does not create hotspots and is evenly heated. The cookware surface is made from Quantanium reinforced with titanium, while the outside is made from an anodized aluminum material.
- This set should not be taken through a dishwasher as it causes the set to discolor. The set is also very light in weight which does not make it very durable.
9. Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set>
This set is designed for Chefs and large families. The set is all inclusive and consists of everything that is needed to make a great meal. This includes; three saucepans, three skillets, a large saute’, the versatile 9-quart stockpot that has a pasta insert & a steamer insert that fits both the 2-quart and 3-quart saucepans. Other features include a polished stainless steel exterior with an aluminum interior to enable for fast cooking and riveted stainless steel handles that remain cool even when cooking.
- In most sites where it is sold, this product is out of stock, and where it is available, the price has increased tremendously.
8. Chef’s Star Professional Grade Stainless Steel 17 Piece
This is a 17 piece pots and pan set which is dishwasher safe and can be heated to temperatures of up to 550 degrees. In case you would like to store food in the freezer, this set is compatible, and food can be stored in it. The handles of this set are ergonomically shaped to ensure that they do not slip even when wet, and are riveted to the set for durability. The set can cook food with any source of heat, and the set is made of stainless steel with the bottom encapsulated with impact bonded aluminum.
- This cookware set is not very easy to clean. A simple soap and water wash will not do, and they have to be soaked in water for some time for them to wash off easily.
7. Cuisinart 66-17 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 17-Piece Cookware.
This set has been constructed from hard anodized cast stainless steel for durability purposes. Also included in the sets build is a Quantanium non-stick interior, with Cool Grip, riveted handles that do not heat up. This set can take temperatures of up to 500 degrees and are compatible with all sources of heat including; gas, halogen, electric and glass-ceramic stove-tops. When it comes to heating, this cookware set heats evenly and has a generally good performance.
- This set is not dishwasher safe, and it also gets scratched very easily. It also does not have a medium sized pot which most families use.
6. Gotham Steel 10-Piece Kitchen Nonstick Frying Pan
The Gotham set prides itself as being a thermally efficient aluminum cookware set that provides fast, rapid and even heating. This means that the cooking results are always consistent and the use of oil or butter for healthier meals is not necessary when using this set. This set is built to last and made from ceramic reinforced titanium. It can be heated up to 500 degrees and is compatible with gas and electric stoves. The handles of this set are contoured for better grip and are riveted to make the pots and pan sturdy. The Gotham Steel set comes with a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Despite its tough and hardy make, there are some functions that cannot be done on this set a good example being kneading potatoes as it will risk damaging the interior.
5. Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware.
If you are hunting for an elegant cookware set, this is one of them. This 11- piece set has been constructed from heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum which gives sufficient heat conductivity. The interior has 3-layer multiple reinforced coating systems which allow for non-stick and even heating properties. When it comes to the handles, the Anolon boasts handles that are made from silicone and stainless steel and are riveted for durability and strength. Cleaning is a walk in the park due to this set’s efficient non-stick property.
- The handles tend to get extremely hot when on top of a burning stove, making handling tricky. This set cannot also be put through a dishwasher.
4. Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro
This is a 12-piece stainless cookware set that forms the majority in the market. The exterior of this set is brushed steel while the interior is the pure aluminum core that offers even heating. The interior does not react with food while the handles are made from the same material to prevent heating. The handle is designed with a thumb grip to enable a good hold, and since this set is made from high-quality steel, it is both dishwasher and oven safe. The design is also attractive and would look good in any kitchen. Cleaning is also easy as it can be passed through a dishwasher.
- The lids of this set are made from stainless steel which means you cannot check on your food without lifting the lid. Stainless steel utensils also stain very easily.
3. Calphalon Simply Calphalon Hard-Anodized Nonstick 8-Piece
The Calphalon cookware set is designed for easy meal preparation and is crafted with hard anodized aluminum for durability. It has a long-lasting non-stick interior that allows for easy release of food and makes cleaning easy. The comfort grip handles stay cool for the entire cooking time while also giving a non-slip secure hold. The set also comes with tempered glass covers that can take up to 400 degrees of heat. Checking the food progress is also easier as you do not have to lift the lid. The set is compatible with all sources of heat.
- The handles heat up to the point where you cannot touch them. This could be because the handles are not covered with silicone in their entirety.
2. Rachael Ray Hard Enamel
This is a beautiful, stylish and functional set that has a two-tone gradient exterior that adds color to your kitchen in addition to heating evenly. It has a long-lasting non-stick interior that allows food to glide off easily making washing quick and easy. The plastic double riveted handles stay cool for up to temperatures of 350 degrees, while the tempered glass lids keep the moisture in as one does not have to lift the lid to check on the food. The plastic handles also make it very convenient for turning, transporting and pouring.
- Even with the firm support, the handles still get hot while the coating of this cookware set is not built to last for very long.
1. Farberware Millennium Stainless
This is a versatile cookware set that is able to cook for large gatherings or an individual meal with no qualms. It comes with a sturdy stainless steel design and an encapsulated thick base made of aluminum that creates a long-lasting, even-heating stylish plus to your kitchen. The set has a metal guard nonstick surface that has an amazing food release, and it is metal utensil safe as well. Its stainless steel handles are double riveted to offer strength, and this set can take temperatures of up to 500 degrees comfortably. For cleaning, the set is dishwasher safe, and the glass covers are a tight fit keeping food moisture and nutrients in.
- Grime easily sticks to the surface of this cookware, and when that happens, it does not easily come off unless soaked in soapy water.
Other things to consider when buying a cookware set, is how often you cook, your expertise in the kitchen and most importantly your budget. It would not make sense to buy a 20-piece set yet you will end up using just a few pieces. Stainless steel sets will always reign supreme when it comes to cookware sets, with their only drawback being their poor heat conductivity. To remedy that, you can pick stainless steel cookware that comes with a layer of say, copper.