When exercising, your breasts make a lot of movements; up and down and sideways. This continuous movement can cause your breasts to sag according to studies. A good sports bra can cut that movement in half, and protect your breasts from the dreaded sag. This also means that the best sports bra you can buy is the one that gives your breasts enough lift and support. Wearing the wrong sports bra can cause breast pain and even soft tissue damage, so it is vital to get the right size to avoid such issues.
Sports bras are designed to give three levels of support; low, medium and high. Low support bras are for sports such as walking, yoga and strength training where your body does not make dynamic movements. Middle support bras, on the other hand, are for sports like cycling, moderate hiking, and skiing. High-level support bras are needed for sports activities such as mountain biking, aerobics, and running. That is what to consider when buying a good sports bra to enable you to get the right support.
Best Sport Bras in 2017
Sports bras use different methods to support your breasts, and they vary from brand to brand. The most common designs are:
- Encapsulation– This is when a bra uses cups to support each breast separately.
- Compression– These are the bras that you pull over your head, and they compress your breasts against the chest wall.
There are also other brands that use both methods. Here are some of the best in the market currently which is also worth checking out.
- 10. Fittin Sports Yoga Bra
- 9. Newlashua Women’s High Support Push Up Zip Front Close Padded Sports Bra.
- 8. CRZ YOGA Women’s Wirefree Removable Cups Yoga Sports Bra.
- 7. Women’s Seamless Sports Bra-High Impact Pocket Yoga Bras
- 6. Mirity Women Racerback
- 5. Under Armour Women’s Armour Mid Sports Bra
- 4. Nike Women’s Fitness Bra
- 3. Nike Womens Pro Indy Sports Bra.
- 2. Champion Women’s Absolute Workout Sport
- 1. Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra
10. Fittin Sports Yoga Bra
The Fittin sports yoga bra is designed to be comfortable and has a soft feel, with the ability to soak up the sweat, thanks to its Climacool feature which manages moisture through ventilation. The target market for the Fittin bra is for those women who take up the vigorous or extreme sport. It comes with a removable padding, while the material that has been used is breathable, providing ventilation. The Fittin bra is also machine washable for an easy clean and does not stain.
- -The bra has small cups which will suit small breasted women better. For the larger sized women, the bra will be a bit too tight for comfort.
9. Newlashua Women’s High Support Push Up Zip Front Close Padded Sports Bra.
Newlashua sports bra has been designed with a zipper that is located on the front part of the bra, for easier fastening. The top and bottom part of the zipper comes with a flap to protect your skin from rubbing against it. This also keeps the zipper from sliding down. The material used to make this bra is; polyester 98% and Lycra 2% which makes the bra soft to the touch and does not cause discomfort when it rubs against your breasts. For added comfort, the front and back straps are adjustable while the design of the bra ensures that there are no loose threads hanging.
- This is a bra designed for light workouts like walking, stretching and maybe some light weight training. The compression part of it cannot handle vigorous work-outs.
8. CRZ YOGA Women’s Wirefree Removable Cups Yoga Sports Bra.
This bra has been specifically designed for yoga exercises and is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. It is wire-free and made to give maximum support, and is made using 71% Polyimide and 29% Spandex fabric. This makes the material stretchable, and it also has removable and supportive cups. The straps are light, and this ensures that they do not dig into your skin, while the fabric is breathable to keep moisture at bay. It comes in a sleek design and is black in color.
- For some, the straps were a bit too long for their liking. This bra is also not padded, so when buying, you have to ensure it is the right fit.
7. Women’s Seamless Sports Bra-High Impact Pocket Yoga Bras
This is a high support bra that is designed for those tough workouts, hence designed to provide maximum support. The removable pads that come with this bra are easy to remove and replace while they offer full coverage and soft to your skin. The straps are wide and supportive and can easily stretch to accommodate a broad range of sizes. The material is designed to be light to allow for breathability, while the stitching for this bra is seamless. A cool feature that this bra comes with is a small chest pocket located in the interior that can store your ID, key or a mp3 player. The bra is ideal for 30A to 40A sizes.
- Some women felt that the bra was too tight, while others were of the opinion that the bra could only be used for light workouts as the material was too light to offer support for vigorous workouts.
6. Mirity Women Racerback
Mirity sports bra is designed for sports such as kickboxing and circuit training and is made from Nylon performance fabric. The design is sleek while the Nylon fabric makes it light, smooth, soft and stretchy for added comfort. This bra is worn by pulling it over your head and has removable cups to ensure more coverage. The racerback on this bra makes the bra have movement freedom of movement, and the built-in bra has ventilation panels that keep you cool. The wide shoulder straps allow the bra an improved comfortable fit.
- The padding on the bra moves around as you exercise and you have to keep adjusting it. Most women felt it is not suited for high-intensity workouts.
5. Under Armour Women’s Armour Mid Sports Bra
The Under Armour sports bra is a compression fit medium-impact sports bra that comes with cups. The skin-tight compression ensures that you have maximum support even in the most intense workouts. It has a 4-way stretch design that allows for movement in all directions, while the Signature Moisture Transport System that has been used in its design ensures sweat is absorbed by the fabric and dried quickly. This bra has removable cups for versatility and is made with an anti-odor technology which prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes, keeping you fresh.
- Some women ordered the large size and found it too tight, so they returned and ordered XL which disappointed too – it was too large.
4. Nike Women’s Fitness Bra
For added comfort, this sports bra from Nike has been made using 88% recycled 125 Spandex and polyester and 125 Spandex. The compression fit in this bra provides all the support you need while the clean finished seams minimize chafing. The fabric has been injected with Dri-Fit technology to wick away sweat. Another feature that this sports bra has is the nylon stabilizers in the straps which provide excellent support and minimal bounce. This bra is best suited for walking, weight training, and other low impact workouts. It is machine wash friendly and does not take long to dry.
- While most women who ordered the right size liked the bra, some found the band at the bottom of the bra, a bit loose and it did not offer the expected support.
3. Nike Womens Pro Indy Sports Bra.
From the sports powerhouse Nike comes another sports bra designed with a double layer for added comfort. This is a low-impact sports bra that is made for those light workouts. It has two removable soft cups that allow you to customize the bra and get the perfect fit while the mesh racerback allows for the free flow of air while minimizing restriction. For a more feminine look, Nike has designed this bra with a V-neck cut, and adjustable straps. The body, side panel liner and bra cup liner have been made from 51% nylon, 11% spandex fabric, and 38% polyester. While the pad top and bottom fabric consist of 100% polyester.
- The padding of this bra is quite thin and does not provide much support. The bra is not suitable for intense workouts.
2. Champion Women’s Absolute Workout Sport
This is a durable, black themed sports bra that has been endorsed by a host of celebrities. It is made from 13% spandex fabric and 87% polyester, and also comes with a plush liner for added support. The fabric used does not irritate the skin and has a smooth, soft feel. A steady and sports-grade closure system for optimal support has also been thrown into the mix, while the tag free racerback design boasts flat seams that ensure that you can wear this bra comfortably for hours on end. It is machine washable and has a sexy scooped neckline which has elastic waistbands to prevent slipping.
- Some colors, such as pink, tend to bleed when washed and one customer found that even by the seventh wash, the bra was still bleeding.
1. Panache Women’s Underwire Sports Bra
This is a durable hand washable bra that is made from 49 percent polyamide, 36 percent polyester, and 15 percent elastane. The cups that come with this sports bra are encapsulated to offer maximum support during workouts. The seams are smooth, while the racerback has options which ensure that you have support and freedom to move. For more comfort, the manufacturers of this high-quality sports bra have made sure that the straps are adjustable, come with a padded hook and have eye closures to make this bra a comfortable wear.
- After around ten workouts, one customer’s bra wire popped right out. The Panache bra is quite pricey as well.
The secret of getting a nice comfortable sports bra is making sure it is the right size. When this is done, it avoids problems of bras being too tight or too loose. Also, pick a bra that matches your kind of workout to get the right kind of support for the entire period of your workout.