A good roasting pan is not an important piece of kitchenware, but it also happens to be a very valuable investment. Anyone who takes cooking seriously ought to have this kind of pan in their kitchen. Whether you are looking to host a large dinner for friends, family, and acquaintances during the long weekends, or are looking to smoke a large quantity of meat, you will find that a good roasting pan will indeed come in handy.
And normally, this is a scenario that raises the question, what should I use? When looking to buy a roasting pan, you will have to take a few essential factors into consideration:
- Size: When it comes to choosing the size of the roasting pan, you need to find something that is large enough to accommodate the largest item that you want roasted. The items should, however, not come into contact with the sides of your roasting pan. You also need to make sure that there will be adequate circulation of air to guarantee browning and roasting on all areas, including the bottom.
- Shape: Roasting pans mainly come in two shapes: rectangular and oval. Oval roasters are recommended for ovate shaped roasting items like prime rib and turkey. Rectangular pans tend to be more versatile especially when you are preparing more than a single item.
- Weight: For roasters, the heaviest pan on the rack is not always the most ideal, but this does not mean that the lightest is the best. Choose a pan that lies in between the two.
- Oven size: Always make sure that you have taken the oven’s inner measurements before proceeding to purchase any large roaster. Taking these measurements will help ensure that the oven will be able to handle the size of your chosen pan. Do not forget to factor in the handle length when taking these measurements.
Best Roasting Pans in 2018
If you have been wondering which roasting pan is the best, then you are in the right place. Below, we are going to look at the best roasting pans for the year, including their specifications and features:
- 10. Granite Ware Covered Rectangular Roaster 21.25 x 14 x 8.5 Inches
- 9. Cook Pro 561 4-Piece All-in-1 Lasagna and Roasting Pan
- 8. Circulon Nonstick Bakeware 17-Inch by 13-Inch Roaster with U-Rack
- 7. Cuisinart 7117-16UR Chef’s Classic Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack
- 6. Calphalon Contemporary Hard Anodized Nonstick 16-Inch Roasting Pan with Rack 5 pc. Set
- 5. ExcelSteel 4-Piece Stainless Roaster with Cover, Rack and Spatula
- 4. All-Clad E752C264 Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Large 13-Inch x 16-Inch Roaster with Nonstick Rack Cookware, 16-Inch, Silver
- 3. Calphalon 1948245 Signature Stainless Steel Roaster Pan with Rack, 16″, Silver
- 2. Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 11-Inch x 15-Inch Roaster with Flat Rack, Gray
- 1. Oster Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid, 22-Quart, Stainless Steel (CKSTRS23-SB-D)
- Final Thoughts
10. Granite Ware Covered Rectangular Roaster 21.25 x 14 x 8.5 Inches
The Granite ware roasting pan is bound to be at the center of any holiday meal. It is made from heavy-duty carbon steel, which is perfect for absorbing as well as evenly distributing the heat. In addition, the pan is energy efficient as its dark surface absorbs the energy emanating from the oven thereby considerably reducing the cooking times. Its porcelain has been fused to steel at a temperature of two thousand degrees, which means that it is able to produce an inert glass surface that is generally non-stick. Although the porcelain is likely to start chipping if you drop the roasting pan, this will in no way affect its overall quality.
9. Cook Pro 561 4-Piece All-in-1 Lasagna and Roasting Pan
The cook pro roasting pan has been made using durable stainless steel and comes in two primary sizes. It has the perfect size for preparing multi-layered lasagnas. It also comes with two chrome-based racks for use in preparing your favorite roast meals. Its handles are made using stainless steel materials, which makes it easier for you to lift the pan in and out of your oven with ease, and without burning your arms and hands. Its exterior comprises of a stylish mirror that makes this pan ideal for all kinds of servings. The pan weighs 5.2 pounds when empty making it easy to handle when roasting.
8. Circulon Nonstick Bakeware 17-Inch by 13-Inch Roaster with U-Rack
This non-stick roasting pan from Circulon measures seventeen inches by thirteen inches and comes with a U-rack that simplifies the roasting process for you. The rack makes it easier to create dishes that are mouthwatering, lean, and very healthy. It is the ideal pan to use when you are preparing family meals such as pork loin toast and cider-and-maple-brined turkey with a stuffing of your choice. The U-shaped rack ensures that the meat stays away from the bottom of the pan, making certain that the fats will not start to drip away from the roaster’s bottom. Its heavy-duty construction helps ensure that there is even heat distribution to guarantee durability as well as a superior-based cooking performance.
7. Cuisinart 7117-16UR Chef’s Classic Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack
The Cuisanart rectangular roaster is that piece of kitchenware that you need in your kitchen when you are hosting holiday celebrations, parties, and family dinners. It is a pan that has been designed to hold all kinds of large roasts including, but not limited to turkeys and chicken. Its riveting stainless steel handles ensure that the process of placing the roaster in and out of your even is not only safe, but hassle-free as well. Its racks are made from stainless steel, which means that heat can be evenly distributed. Your meat will also be left to drain all the unwanted fat as it continues to cook in your oven.
6. Calphalon Contemporary Hard Anodized Nonstick 16-Inch Roasting Pan with Rack 5 pc. Set
Popularly known as roaster with a rack, the Calphalon contemporary nonstick cookware has been constructed with a multi-layer design to guarantee longevity. Its interior comes with up to three layers comprising of non-stick coating—one layer provides what is known as an easy release performance, while the other two layers are in place to guarantee durability. The roasting pan is dishwasher safe, and its heavy-duty aluminum coating makes certain that there is even heating. It has also been anodized to ensure that the pan will last for as long as possible.
5. ExcelSteel 4-Piece Stainless Roaster with Cover, Rack and Spatula
ExcelSteel ensures that you get to bring quality bakeware into your kitchen with this four-piece roasting set. It is a set that will help you present your guests with appetizing dishes and foods at your next family event, outdoor BBQ, or home party. As a homeowner and experienced cook, you by no doubt understand the importance of presentation when it comes to serving food, so why not use this set to present your dishes in style? The lasagna pan from ExcelSteel comes with foldable holding handles that simplifies the transportation process. The exterior surface comprises of a stylish mirror that has been exquisitely polished to help bring an eye to all the creations coming from your kitchen. The chrome rack has been put in place to make sure that you get to cook the food uniformly, while at the same time allowing for easy cooling.
4. All-Clad E752C264 Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Large 13-Inch x 16-Inch Roaster with Nonstick Rack Cookware, 16-Inch, Silver
Get to take your home cooking to an all new level with this stainless steel combo from All-Clad. It features a roasting pan that is best suited for use in preparing chicken and vegetables. As is the case with all the cookware manufactured by this company, the Roti Combo has been made using stainless steel, and comes with an ergonomic design, durable construction designed to last for years, and a classic style that is bound to bring the best out of all your dishes. A gourmet roaster is also included, which is accompanied by a V-shaped rack that ensures the food remains elevated even when it is still cooking to guarantee even browning all-through.
3. Calphalon 1948245 Signature Stainless Steel Roaster Pan with Rack, 16″, Silver
Enjoy great tasting and evenly cooked food whether you are baking, braising, or roasting with this signature sixteen-inch steel roaster and accompanying rack set. It is suitable for use with all types of cooktops, and has been specially constructed using five metal layers. The metal layers are in place to guarantee precise temperature control and even heating. In addition, the roaster is perfectly sized to ensure that it can accommodate poultry and ample meat cuts. Its handle is made from stainless steel to make it easier for you to lift and place it in and out of your oven.
2. Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 11-Inch x 15-Inch Roaster with Flat Rack, Gray
This durable roaster comes with a strong flat rack that is perfect for making sure that your meats will remain elevated during the cooking process. Elevating the meat is essential when roasting to allow the fats to drip away towards the pan’s bottom. It is a pan that can be used for fish, pork, beef roasts, vegetables, and chicken. Its design has combined reliability and durability to provide you with a product that will meet all your kitchen needs. It has been made from heavy-duty carbon steel and is accompanied by a very sturdy rack. Its interior has been coated with nonstick thereby simplifying the cooking process.
1. Oster Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid, 22-Quart, Stainless Steel (CKSTRS23-SB-D)
The Oaster roaster oven is here to simplify your entertaining process. It is very easy to use and comes with fool-proof results. You can use the oven to prepare occasional holiday meals that are delicious, tender, and moist, while at the same time getting to save your energy and time which in the end results in a more efficient meal preparation process. With this roaster, you get to do away with your traditional baster as it comes with its own self-basting lid, which assists in continually re-circulating moisture, and in getting rid of the tedious hand-basting process.
From the list prepared above, you will find that there is a roasting pan available for every budget and for all types of cooking. All you need to do is make a decision on which pan is best for the type of cooking you are interested in engaging in.