Work smarter, but not harder with the right kind of power tool. When looking to buy the cordless drills always look out for power, torque, and speed. A good cordless drill is easy to use and light weight. Further, you do not need to rob a bank to get your hands on a good cordless drill.
You have to be extra careful so that you chose the right drill to complete your work. Good care for your drill might make it last even five years. We have come up with the best cordless drills in 2018 review guide to make your decision making easier. A good cordless drill will always be your best buddy.
Best Cordless Drills in 2018
Check out our review guide. We have rated for you the top ten cordless drills on the market. Read through and pick one best suited for your needs.
- 10. DEWALT DCK277C2 Compact Brushless Drill
- 9. Genesis GCD18BK 18v Cordless Drill
- 8. WORX Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill
- 7. Black & Decker GCO18SFB Cordless Drill
- 6. Black & Decker BDCDMT120 Cordless Drill
- 5. DEWALT DCD780C2 Cordless Drill
- 4. DEWALT DCD771 C2 Cordless Drill
- 3. DEWALT DC970K-2 Compact Drill
- 2. DEWALT DCD791D2 Brushless Compact Drill
- 1. Craftsman Evolv Cordless Drill
- Final word
10. DEWALT DCK277C2 Compact Brushless Drill
The DEWALT brushless drill gives up to 57% more run time over brushed. Coming with a lightweight design weighing only 2.0 lbs. This drill can fit anywhere. You get no whining noise when using this drill. It is quieter than regular drills, it only gives a tapping sound as the screw gets tightened. Get more power and battery power. It takes only 4 seconds to get a full charge. It is a powerful drill having an ergonomic grip handle to provide balance and control when in use.
- Very powerful
- Comes with a pocket for bits and accessories
- Quieter than other regular drills
- Kit has no belt clips
- Has one light in front which causes a shadow on the screws
- Batteries do not last long, and replacements are expensive
9. Genesis GCD18BK 18v Cordless Drill
The Genesis GCD18BK has built-in LEW-work light. This cordless drill comes with an electric brake and magnetic bit tray. The drill is ideal for small DIY assignments and handles big ones as well. It offers excellent features which top dogs do not have. It has a light and a base magnet for holding screws and bolts. This light purpose drill has a charge indicator light which misses on other drills. The Genesis 18 is user-friendly and has a charge which lasts forever. At a pocket-friendly price, you get a storage case, a rubber non-slip pistol grip, and a magnetic bit tray.
- Sturdy at pocket-friendly price
- Has a light to guide you in dark places
- Battery holds its charge
- Works noticeably slower
- Top is heavy making it hard for extended periods of usage
- No hi/low gear box
8. WORX Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drill
The WORX Switchdriver is compact and lightweight cordless drill. It comes with electronic precision torque controls. No potential damage to your material or work environment. No more stripping of screws. The switchdriver comes with a battery charger plus one extra battery. This drill can handle all kinds of work including a Kreg pockethole gig. It’s easy to use with a multi-head design useful for repetitive drilling and screwing. This drill is amazingly light though it a heavy duty tool.
- LED light illuminates working area
- Swapping driver head is quick and easy
- Very easy to control and comes with an extra battery
- Charger does not balance when charging
- Comes with no belt hook
- Does not come with a carrying case
7. Black & Decker GCO18SFB Cordless Drill
The Black & Decker 3/8-inch is a lightweight, compact cordless drill, which comes with an 80-volt battery. You get a storage bag and a stud finder with this drill. Using this cordless drill, there is a powerful motor enough for most jobs. Use it for multi-purposes frequent professional use, and the results will wow you. It gives variable speeds and a 24 position clutch. Bid goodbye to stripping screws. This drill will seamlessly let you turn screws and bolts including grinding and drilling.
- Withstands normal wear and tear
- Keyless chuck for changing bits
- Comes with two batteries
- Two included batteries have small capacity
- Weak charger which recharges for 12 hours
- Cannot screw-in or remove bolts and nut with a larger size
6. Black & Decker BDCDMT120 Cordless Drill
The Black & Decker 20 is a Matrix quick-connect system cordless drill. The drill enables you to set the strength to avoid the screw head from stripping. It is an ergonomic and efficient drilling tool. It has a lot of attachments to make it very versatile. Each can work independently to produce impressive results. It has a compact design with an excellent hand grip. Feathering the rotating speed of this cordless drill is a piece of cake. It’s light, and does what it was meant to do, drilling nothing else!
- Matrix system makes it flexible
- Add-on accessories
- Versatile for consumers or homeowners
- It takes 5-8 hours to recharge
- Drains battery faster
- Comes with only one speed
5. DEWALT DCD780C2 Cordless Drill
The DEWALT 780 Drill delivers high-speed transmissions when drilling or fastening. Its ergonomic handle offers control and comfort to the user. It comes with a LED light which illuminates a significant distance. You will keep working even if it begins to get dark. The 780 has an adjustable clutch and light enough to allow working with it for long hours. You get two speeds on this tool depending on your job requirement.
- Comes with a sturdy ratcheting chuck
- Batteries charge in less than 30 minutes with longer lifespan
- Comes with extras like a removable belt clip and screw bit holder
- LED light causes a shadow on screws
- Poor quality user manual
- Experience chuck wobbling
4. DEWALT DCD771 C2 Cordless Drill
The DEWALT 771 is a high-performance cordless drill with -inch single ratcheting chuck. The drill has tight gripping strength. With a LED light above the trigger, this is the easiest drill to use in darkness. This drill comes with a contractor bag, rather than a plastic case. Use this drill for auto repair, it has low and high speeds. It’s robust and durable but extremely light weight. The 771 has 300 unit watts out motor to make it accomplish all drilling and screwing requirements. Its double transmission speed is perfect for fastening and drilling.
- Comes with two batteries
- Has LED light for working in poor light
- Has a soft contractor bag
- Slower temperature non-compensating charger
- Less powerful and slower
- Lacks a belt clip and bit holder
3. DEWALT DC970K-2 Compact Drill
The DEWALT 970 is a cordless drill manufactured to minimize fatigue. This tool offers a dual speed range for optimal performance. It has a lightweight design making it fit in the tightest conditions. Its high-performance motor gives out 380 unit watts. Use it for your floor applications, and you will get amazing results. This general use drill comes with two batteries. You can work continuously without any slowdown. The 970 has a double ended screwdriver bit plus a kit box.
- High performance on light duty tasks
- Comes with adjustable clutch
- Lightweight design minimizing user fatigue
- Lacks LED work light
- Drops drill bits plus driver bits
- Batteries lose charge quickly
2. DEWALT DCD791D2 Brushless Compact Drill
The DEWALT 791D2 is a cordless drilling tool offering 57% additional run-time. Lightweight and compact, the drill offers high-speed transmission with dual speed setting. Its chuck is precise, grips firmly and smooth. The brushless motor is powerful with torque in the range of 620 lbs. It comes with a well-made case which fits all your titbits well. The 791 has rubber bumpers on the side for protection in the event of falls. Working with this drill means you get no sparks and less noise. You will love its fuel gauge’ which lets you check battery life.
- Comes with battery charge check life for each battery
- Powerful and convenient for tasks away from power outlet
- 3-mode LED light
- It makes high pitched squeal during operation
- It takes 1-2 hours to charge each battery
- No designated spot for storage in the bag
1. Craftsman Evolv Cordless Drill
The Evolv 18.0 is a powerful drilling tool featuring a fast grabbing keyless chuck. It drill bit quickly while holding on to the driver. It’s a piece of cake to put to use and in reverse. The Evolv has a 24 tension setting clutch to do away with stripping plus blow out when in use. Its variable speed is ideal for precise drilling and screwing. It comes with a powerful LED light for illumination in a bad light. This Craftsman is a perfect companion on your next job with its user comfort and robust drilling.
- Bit easy to put in and out
- Comes with battery and charger
- Great usability features
- Comes with low-quality battery
- Battery takes 5 hours to charge which slows down applications
There you have it. The top picks for cordless drills in 2018 have been reviewed for your selection. Choose one which can perform to your expectation. Keep in mind metrics like price and torque when making a choice. These have a significant impact on performance.
Hope this guide has given you good insight on what to look for in a good cordless drill. Compare and contrast the products we have reviewed. It will be easier to zero-in on a product which will give you value for money.