Arguably, poor phone reception is a common problem experienced by most mobile users. This kind of problem is attributed to so many factors such as your location, the type of phone you are using, the network carrier, name it! Moreover, if you are working in a large building, the chances are that you can experience weak reception because the materials used can the signals that come from the cell network providers in your region. This is where signal boosters come in.
Basically, a cell phone signal booster is an electronic device that usually receives weak signals, amplifies them and then rebroadcasts them with better wave strengths. Without the right mobile signal, you cannot enjoy clearer calls with beautiful voice clarity, and your Internet will constantly be interrupted. Signal boosters come in handy to solve all interferences or barriers that cause bad reception.
Best Cell Phone Signal Boosters in 2018
Having said that, it is worth noting that all signal boosters are not the same – some are better than others. But there is yet another problem: which is the best cell phone signal booster? Worry less. We did research for you and came up with the top ten models in 2018. Here is the list;
- 10. Phonetone Cellular 65dB GSM/3G 850MHz 1900MHz Dual Signal for Home Or Office
- 9. weBoost Connect 4G Signal Booster
- 8. SolidRF BuildingForce 4G-M Booster For Home
- 7. Phonetone 62dB 850MHz GSM 3G GSM CDMA Signal Booster
- 6. AT&T Microcell Wireless Signal Booster Antenna
- 5. Wilson Electronics – 460101 DT 4G – Cell Signal Booster
- 4. zBoost ZB545M SOHO Phone Signal Booster, up to 3,500 sq. ft
- 3. weBoost Home 4G Signal Booster
- 2. weBoost Drive 4G-X Cell Signal Booster for Truck, Car and RV Use
- 1. SureCall Fusion4Home, Phone Signal Booster Kit
10. Phonetone Cellular 65dB GSM/3G 850MHz 1900MHz Dual Signal for Home Or Office
Phonetone 65dB is an inexpensive solution for anyone who experiences poor reception in their offices or homes. The booster kit comes with both indoor and outdoor antennas. The outdoor antenna picks up desirable outdoor signals from outside your room or house and sends them through the coaxial cables to the booster which, in turn, amplifies the signal before it can send it to the indoor antenna.
The indoor signal then transmits the amplified signal to your office, and wow, you can enjoy clear phone calls and fast mobile data in your room. The package also includes a user manual that is easy to read, understand and follow. The manufacturer backs this product with a two-year limited warranty to give you peace of mind that you are investing in an invaluable asset.
- What about the drawbacks? We can confidently say that this signal booster does not have any downsides. It is just among the products the world of computing
9. weBoost Connect 4G Signal Booster
WeBoost is an ideal signal booster for both home and office use. Whether you are making calls, accessing your email address or even streaming videos, weBoost offers an unbeatable signal you need for smooth connectivity throughout your workplace or home. The Connect 4G significantly improves the cell signal on virtually all cellular-connected devices and works typically in our modern, energy saving houses that are built with materials that are known to weaken cell signals.
Moreover, the Connect 4G features a dynamic and self-adjusting gain control that allows you to customize the frequency band gain level as the existing conditions require. In the kit, you will find a booster, coaxial cables, power supply and indoor and outdoor antennas – this eliminates the need to buy different parts separately.
- On the downside, the indoor antenna must be installed near your working place. If your cell device is away from the antenna, the chances are that you would experience weak signals.
8. SolidRF BuildingForce 4G-M Booster For Home
If you are looking for an easy to set up cell phone booster, then the SolidRF is the perfect pick for you. It comes will all the necessary hardware for setting up and an easy to follow user manual that guides you throughout the installation process. What makes it so spectacular is the fact that it works for all networks and if you are using different systems within the same room, you don’t have to install multiple signal boosters. Among the notable benefits of this signal booster include;
- Improved cellular data and voice signal inside the building.
- Faster data downloads
- Reduction of radiation while increasing the battery life – offers up to two hours extra talk time in areas with weak signals.
- Protection of cell sites from interference.
- This booster allows you to connect up to 25 cellular devices at a go.
The only disadvantage of this product is that it is only ideal for small rooms or offices. If you are operating in a relatively large room, the person in the opposite far corner will experience poor reception, and this necessitates the need to install two or more boosters. In the short-run, this may be costly.
7. Phonetone 62dB 850MHz GSM 3G GSM CDMA Signal Booster
Coming with a thirty-day customer satisfaction guarantee, you have all the reasons to invest in this cell phone signal booster. The package contains a unique booster, one indoor antenna, one outdoor antenna, an English manual, a mounting screw kit and a power adapter. The outdoor antenna offers a unique signal amplification of 62dB which is way high compared to other conventional antennas.
- On the contrary, some users have complained that these signal boosters drain the battery in some phones. However, we cannot justify the claims because this has just happened to very few individuals. Apart from that, Phonetone 62dB is a no-brainer!
6. AT&T Microcell Wireless Signal Booster Antenna
This is a high-quality design that is constructed by Cisco Systems; the leading company in network and cellular network technology. It can work for both offices and homes, but a broadband internet that is connected through Ethernet is required. The setup process of this model is worryingly easy, and it is backed by a straightforward and quick set up guide. It supports 3G data for all LTE/4G/3G phones, including Android, iPhone, Windows, Blackberry and many others.
- Although there are no major concerns about this device, it has an average star rating of 3.5 out of 5 on Amazon. This is an indication that some customers are not satisfied with the overall quality and signal amplification of the booster.
5. Wilson Electronics – 460101 DT 4G – Cell Signal Booster
If you are living in small homes or work in small offices, it is worth noting that there are only a few cell phone signal boosters that can beat the Wilson Electronics-460101. It is a five bad cellular signal amplifier that was designed to be used for residential purposes. It is capable of providing a signal improvement in your home up to 1,500 square feet.
With these boosters, users are promised improved calling and high data speeds in 4G AND 3G for U.S Cellular carriers. The package comes with an outside and inside antenna, coax cable, installation instructions, DT signal booster, AC power supply and everything that you need to capture that weak signal and amplify it.
- On the flip side, however, this cell phone signal booster is not ideal for large buildings. So, if you are working in a large office, you may be forced to install multiple indoor antennas which may be expensive.
4. zBoost ZB545M SOHO Phone Signal Booster, up to 3,500 sq. ft
SOHO signal booster is another unmatched model that offers a significant coverage of up to3, 500 square feet, and a high performing dual band booster. It is a perfect solution for dropped and missed calls in your office. It boosts text and voice coverage for major Canadian and US carriers. With the ability to capture a reliable outdoor cellular signal, rest assured that you will enjoy faster, clearer and a reliable service without any interruption. Its omnidirectional external antenna can receive signals from many towers and amplify it significantly.
- On the downside, it can be relatively difficult to mount the external antenna in some house designs. Therefore, it is recommended to evaluate the design of your house before you can decide to buy it.
3. weBoost Home 4G Signal Booster
Whether you want to check your emails constantly, make local and international calls, or stream videos online, then the weBoost signal booster is just what you need. It gives you a reliable and stronger signal whenever you need it. This eliminates the possibility of walking from one room to another in search of a more robust signal. It covers a wide coverage, and it can improve the coverage in two to three rooms, eliminating dead spots.
Best of all, it works even in energy efficient modern buildings that are constructed with materials that weaken signals. Moreover, the Home 4G does not only boost the signal of your cellular device but for anyone who comes to your home as well. The kit comes with everything needed for installation including power supply, coaxial cables, indoor and outdoor antennas and a booster.
- You can only worry about the price of this signal booster. So, if you are on a tight budget, you may not afford to buy this product.
2. weBoost Drive 4G-X Cell Signal Booster for Truck, Car and RV Use
Do you want a stronger signal while on the road? Great! weBoost Drive 4G-X is all that you need. It can boost cell signals for up to 32x and it enhances 3G, 4G and LTE signals for you in your vehicle. Best of all, weBoost 4G-X is compatible with almost all U.s networks, and it works on T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Straight Talk, US Cellular and more.
Furthermore, it is easy to set up, and you don’t need to hire an expert to help you in this. The performance of this signal booster is guaranteed, and the manufacturer backs it with a two-year limited warranty and a one-month money back guarantee. In a nutshell, this product promises better data and voice.
- Although this booster allows DIY setup, if you get some steps wrong, the overall performance of this device is compromised. Always seek advice from experts if you are not sure about the installation.
1. SureCall Fusion4Home, Phone Signal Booster Kit
SureCall Fushion4home is an inexpensive cell signal booster that is compatible with all cellular networks. It comes with an Omni-directional Antenna that captures stronger signals from different directions to boost Voice, 4G LTE, and Text signals for N. America cell carriers. Consequently, this reduces missed and dropped calls while improving 4G LTE data speeds.
Moreover, it extends battery life and signal strength for every cellular device. Finally, this signal booster supports many users concurrently. The kit of this model contains an outdoor antenna, Fushion4Home Booster, coax cable, power supply and an indoor whip antenna.
- The ease of installation, the price and various unique features that are meticulously integrated into the SureCall signal booster makes it stand out from the rest. There are no major concerns about this model. It is a real bargain!
Smartphones have become a must have item for virtually everybody, but these devices are rendered unhelpful when the signal is weak, and you cannot connect. Individuals are using smartphones to catch up with their friends while in business they are used to offer a reliable means of communication between the customer and the seller. However, communication is sweeter if the signal is strong.
The signal boosters highlighted in this article helps you to send messages and access data online with relative ease. So, if you want to enjoy the ripe fruits of technology, consider getting any of the boosters above and take your excitement to a whole new level.