Outdoor camping is always a fun and exciting activity. No one hates the suspense and thrills that come with spending the evenings outdoors reconnecting with family, friends, and loved ones. But for you to ensure that your next camping trip is stress-free and comfortable for all involved, you need to make advance arrangements. These are arrangements that will involve confirming that you will be able to enjoy a good sleep session after spending the better part of the day exploring and walking in your chosen camping locale.
It is the reason why you need to make sure that you have a good camping cot with you. But what makes for a good camping cot? Consider the following factors when buying a camping cot:
- Durability: When evaluating the durability of a desired cot, you need to consider its sleeping surface as well as its frame. You should buy a cot that has an aluminum or steel frame, as it is both durable and sturdy. A metallic frame also has a good lock mechanism and is also stable. For the surface, consider the materials that have been used, e.g., cotton or polyester.
- Ease of use: Go for something that is easily foldable: after folding, confirm that its size is as small as possible to make it easy for you to carry it from one place to another. The setup process should also be simplified, and should be accompanied by locks to guarantee stability.
- Weight capacity: Camping cots are traditionally made for use by a single individual, which means that you will have to carry it on your own. When going camping with a motorcycle or vehicle, its overall weight should not be a major problem. But if you will be walking for the most part, consider its weight as it may end-up considerably slowing you down.
Best Camping Cots in 2018
The best camping cots are those that come with a rugged design, as you can place them on any surface and rest your body without experiencing any major issues. Below is a detailed look at the top 10 best camping cots in 2018:
- 10. Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
- 9. ARAER Camping Cot, 450LBS (Max Load), Portable Folding Cot with Carry Bag for Adults Kids, Heavy Duty Cot for Traveling, Camping, Office Nap and Home Lounging
- 8. Coleman Trailhead Cot
- 7. Coleman 2000020273 80 x 32-Inches Pack-Away Cot
- 6. Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
- 5. Mountain Trails Base Camp Cot
- 4. Byer of Maine EasyCot, Ideal for Camping and Hunting, Indoor Guest Bed, Easiest Cot to Assemble, Comes with Travel Bag, Single/Twin Size
- 3. Purenity Folding Military Bed Portable Sport Camping COT with Free Storage Bag
- 2. Osage River Folding Camp Cot. Osage River Collapsible Folding Camp Cot with Carry Bag. Rated up to 300 Lbs. yet weighs only 13 Lbs. For Camping, Traveling, and Home Lounging
- 1. 75″ Portable Folding Camping Bed & Cot – 260 lbs.
- Final Thoughts
10. Teton Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot
The Outfitter XXL camping cot by Teton sports helps you take the nightmare from outdoor camping adventures. It comes with an easy setup process that will enable you start resting within minutes of setting it down. It is long and wide, meaning that you will have enough room to relax and spread out. The cot can easily be folded up making it easier for you to move it from one camping site to another before going back home. It features a patented S-leg that helps guarantee stability throughout your rest period.
9. ARAER Camping Cot, 450LBS (Max Load), Portable Folding Cot with Carry Bag for Adults Kids, Heavy Duty Cot for Traveling, Camping, Office Nap and Home Lounging
The ARAER portable camping cot comes with a maximum weight load capacity of 450lbs and can be used by both kids and adults. It has been designed with a special high-steel tube to provide you with sturdiness and stability. The cot is made from breathable fabric that can last for many years without wearing out. The cot comes with anti-slip, and anti-skid rubber feet that assists in increasing the friction between the ground and your cot, ensuring that it will stand firmly on the ground where it has been placed. It comes with an easy-to-use and transport storage bag enabling you to travel with it to any location you desire.
8. Coleman Trailhead Cot
Coleman is in the business of enabling campers make happy memories by providing them with the tools they need to enjoy their camping excursions. This Coleman cot features a military style design, is foldable, and compact making transportation easier. It has been made from a heavy-duty polyester fabric and a strong steel frame that is capable of supporting up to 300lbs. When unfolded, it can comfortably accommodate a person who is six feet inches tall. It also comes with side pockets which will help ensure that your gear remains within arms-length at all times.
7. Coleman 2000020273 80 x 32-Inches Pack-Away Cot
Are you looking to bring with you the perfect relaxation spot on your upcoming camping trip? Then look no further than this cot from Coleman. The cot is ideal for sleeping, reclining, and sitting. It is a versatile cot that features an extra wide-design that is bound to provide you with enough room to rest your body after a hard day spent exploring your surroundings. Apart from its versatility, it is also comes with a removable cup holder and side-table that you can use to hold your magazines, food, drinks, or any other personal items that you may have carried with you. It is made using an extra-strong steel frame that can hold as much as 300 pounds, and can be used on any terrain.
6. Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
The comfortsmart cot provides a nice closure that is both sturdy and stable. It comes with a thin topper that is as comfortable as the bed you left at home when heading camping. Although smaller than a conventional bed, it does come with a bed skirt. The fact that it is lightweight makes it the ideal cot for the frequent camper as they can easily carry it around. The cot can support a person weighing as much as 300 pounds and has been designed to fit an individual who is six feet, and six-inches tall. It also comes with a strong foldable steel frame as well as a comfortable covered mattress padding.
5. Mountain Trails Base Camp Cot
When you are looking to acquire a compact and lightweight camping cot for camping emergencies or for when you have unexpected guests at home, you should look no further than this Mountain Trails Base Camp cot. The cot weights a measly nine pounds and thirteen-inches making it the perfect camping cot. Its compact and light-weight nature makes it quick to transport, especially due to the fact that it comes with its own carrying bag. It can support a total weight of 225 pounds, is easy to assemble, and is very stable thanks to its powder coated versatile steel frame.
4. Byer of Maine EasyCot, Ideal for Camping and Hunting, Indoor Guest Bed, Easiest Cot to Assemble, Comes with Travel Bag, Single/Twin Size
Its easy set up process will leave you astonished. The cot is made using steel legs that can accommodate a total weight of 325 pounds, and comes with a Denier polyester fabric to ensure that you will not have to worry about being comfortable. It is a cot that is ideal for use by kids, although it can accommodate individuals who are at least six feet tall. It is ideal for use during sleepovers, when setting up sleeping arrangements in the house, or when camping with your vehicle. The setup process is quite straightforward as all you need to do is remove it from its bag, unfold it, and you are done.
3. Purenity Folding Military Bed Portable Sport Camping COT with Free Storage Bag
Perfect for use in all kinds of camping scenarios, regardless of whether you are out in the woods or inside the house. It has been designed with a sturdy aluminum frame, accompanied by steel legs with rubber tipping to guarantee its stability. Overall, the cot is easily portable, lightweight, and comfortable for use by individuals weighing less than 250lbs. It weighs a total of 12lbs, and all its accessories are easily foldable. Its fabric is water-resistant and comes in dark colors such as Camo/Blue/dark blue and green. Included in the packaging materials is a carrying bag equipped with sturdy shoulder straps for easy portability. Also, you will not need any tools to set it up. All you have to do is remove it from its bag and unfold it. The cot is considered ideal for use when you have unexpected guests, if you are an explorer, scout, or frequent camper.
2. Osage River Folding Camp Cot. Osage River Collapsible Folding Camp Cot with Carry Bag. Rated up to 300 Lbs. yet weighs only 13 Lbs. For Camping, Traveling, and Home Lounging
This folding cot makes relaxing at a campsite fun and easy. It has been made using heavy-duty PVC-coated fabrics accompanied by a strong, and highly-durable carbon steel frame. The designers designed it with comfort in mind, portability, and durability. With the cot, you can choose to either lie on your side or sleep on your back. The cot is capable of supporting up to 300lbs. its total weight when folded is 13lbs making it very portable.
1. 75″ Portable Folding Camping Bed & Cot – 260 lbs.
The camping bed and cot from Trademark innovations is portable and extremely light making it ideal for use when camping outdoors. It does not require any form of assembly. When folded becomes half its size and can easily be fitted into its accompanying carrying case. It measures seventy-five inches long, twenty-five inches wide, and seventeen inches wide when fully setup.
The good thing about camping cots is that it is not a must they be used out in the woods; they can also be used as an extra bed, dorm room bed, or guest bed when the situation calls for it. all the top ten best camping cots listed above are of top quality, but it is always essential to make sure that you check their individual parameters to confirm that they will perfectly meet your needs.