The love for mobile gaming has increased speedily over the past decade, and many game developers are struggling to come up with Bluetooth gamepad controllers to make the gaming experiences more exciting. Although touchscreen has been gaining favor among many Android game enthusiasts, and as many developers are moving towards this technology, the probability of touch screen replacing traditional controllers entirely is impossible. For instance, a touchscreen cannot be used to play FIFA where two people are supposed to participate.
In today’s marketplace, there are many controllers to pick from, and they all come in different layouts and sizes. So, how can you choose the best product? How can you get one which offers you great value for your hard-earned money and also promises top quality options? I am convinced that this review is going to help you. We sampled a couple of customer reviews and combined it with our personal experiences to come up with the ten finalists below.
Best Bluetooth Gamepad Controller in 2018
We also took our time to round up the best Bluetooth Gamepad Controllers for gaming, laying our focus on the popular Android compatibility. The highlighted brands are compatible with iOS and PC as well, making it possible to use them for a broad selection of games. Without further ado, check out our favorite picks;
- 10. IPEGA PG-9023 Telescopic Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad
- 9. Apple MFi Certified – PXN PXN-6603 Speedy Bluetooth Gamepad Controller
- 8. iPEGA PG-9025 Bluetooth Wireless Controller Gamepad Joystick
- 7. PowerLead PL184CN Bluetooth Controller Ipega PG-9021 Gamepad Joystick
- 6. KINGEAR Bluetooth Controller Ipega PG-9021 Wireless Gamepad
- 5. GameSir G3s, Bluetooth Controller
- 4. SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller
- 3. BEBONCOOL Bluetooth Game Controller
- 2. BEBONCOOL Bluetooth Controller with Vibration
- 1. MOCUTE Wireless Bluetooth Game Controller Gamepad Joypad Joystick
10. IPEGA PG-9023 Telescopic Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad
IPEGA PG-9023 is a new Bluetooth controller which can support various iOS, Android, and PC games. It uses 3.0 wireless transmissions and therefore, it can support up to 8 meters control from the operation. It is compatible with various models including Tablet, Cellphone, PC supported OS and iPod. Moreover, it supports many simulator games such as Dungeon, Zombie, GBA emulator, SFC simulator, Sonic CD, Riptide among others. Its user-friendly software is designed to shift to power saving mode with no connection state. The package includes: one USB Charge cable, a wireless Bluetooth controller and an easy to understand user manual that gives you guidance on how to use the pads.
- The disadvantage of this gamepad is that it is not compatible with all Android and IOS games; I would recommend anyone who is considering buying this product to check the list of games that are compatible with this model before buying.
9. Apple MFi Certified – PXN PXN-6603 Speedy Bluetooth Gamepad Controller
We all know that Apple products stand out from the rest, and the PXN PXN-6603 is one of them. This controller requires iOS 7, 8, 9, 10.2 or later. It is compatible with iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, SE, 5s, 5C, iPad Air, Air 2, New Apple TV and many Apple devices. The controller is easy to use since it does not need any emulator or jailbreak your device. Also, it comes with a unique surface finish that offers a consistent grip while playing. The pressure sensitive buttons provide precise control while the travel clip for iPad and iPhone allows for gaming everywhere, anywhere.
- On the flipside, this controller starts having connectivity issues after some time. This means that you will be forced to buy new gamepads to continue enjoying your gaming, and this consequently becomes expensive in the long-run.
8. iPEGA PG-9025 Bluetooth Wireless Controller Gamepad Joystick
IPEGA PG-9025 is a wireless controller that was designed for Android systems, with the Nibiru software, without installing any drivers or settings. This model uses Bluetooth 3.0 technology, and it can support up to 8 meters from the controller, while the telescopic stand allows you to place your phone on its holder as you conveniently play mobile games. It also comes with five multimedia function keys that are compatible with the popular X/A/B mode, while the built-in Li-battery that is rechargeable can play continuously for a whopping 20 hours after it is fully charged. Furthermore, it is energy saving as it enters power saving mode after it has been disconnected, while its ergonomic design guarantees an enjoyable and comfortable play.
- The only concern about this controller is the holder of the telescopic stand – it can only support mobile phones that have a 5.5- inch screen or lesser. So, if you have a phone that is more than 5.5 inches, it will not fit.
7. PowerLead PL184CN Bluetooth Controller Ipega PG-9021 Gamepad Joystick
PowerLead PL184CN is a Bluetooth controller that prioritizes ergonomics oversize. It is compatible with a vast majority of Android systems, iPod, iPad, and iPhone. It is also made of quality plastic materials that are durable. The buttons respond even to the slightest pressure, and this ensures that you get optimal happiness while playing games. It operates on Bluetooth 3.0 wireless transmission that is capable of supporting up to 8 meters range of control from the operation. Moreover, the user-friendly software ensures that the controller enters the power saving mode for prolonged use.
- With an average Amazon star rating of 4.6 out of 5, it is evident that most customers are happy with these wireless gamepad controllers. We have not come across any major concerns.
6. KINGEAR Bluetooth Controller Ipega PG-9021 Wireless Gamepad
The control scheme of KINGEAR sticks with a traditional layout for easy operation. The buttons and triggers of this controllers are extremely responsive, and its 3.0 wireless transmission supports between six and eight meters wide control range from the operation. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod and a majority of Android devices. It is also made of materials of the highest quality, and this means that it will last for a long time without any connectivity issues.
- On the downside, the setting up of these controllers is a little bit tricky, especially for new users. However, after the first setup, you will find it worryingly easy in subsequent operations.
5. GameSir G3s, Bluetooth Controller
In the console world, the GameSir G3s stands out in different aspects. It comes with a built-in lithium battery that takes a maximum of three hours to achieve complete charge, and the battery lasts for up 18 hours. There is a vibration feedback, and it uses three types of connection: Bluetooth 4.0/ wired connections and 2.4 GHz wireless connection that work at a distance of up to seven meters. The pads are compatible with Windows (7, 8, 10 and XP), Android 4.0 and PS3. Furthermore, vibration motors produce a vibration and striking to offer an amazing experience in games. The gamepad enters sleep mode if there is no operation within a span of five minutes.
- On the flip side, this gamepad does not come with an instruction manual to guide you on how to connect to your TV box and how to use.
4. SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller
SteelSeries can be credited for its quality in the mobile world, and it is among the best wireless controllers for mobile gaming. It comes with pressure sensitive buttons that offer precise gaming control to take your gaming experience to a whole new level. It also has a console-style right and left analog triggers to make the gaming even better. The 4 LEDs display the status of your players during the multiplayer gameplay. Further, it the ergonomics and comfort of these full-sized controllers is unmatched. For connectivity, these gamepads use Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity which is one of the strongest connectivity. Finally, it comes with a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that works for a reasonable period before the next recharge.
- Unless you know that the game you are looking to play specifically has support for this type of controller, do not purchase it. Some games don’t.
3. BEBONCOOL Bluetooth Game Controller
BEBONCOOL is compatible with almost all Android games, and it utilizes the gamepad protocol that is supported by Google. The package includes a straightforward manual to guide you on how to install and use the pads, a charging cable, and one gamepad. Although it is a wireless gamepad, it can still support PC-USB gameplay function without installing any drivers – you just plug and play. Its portable pocket design makes it easy to carry. It also comes with phone mount that can accommodate smartphones that are 3.0 inches wide or less. The built-in 400mA can last for five to eight hours of continuous playing, and it can be recharged when the battery runs low.
- The only problem with these gameplay controllers is that they are not compatible with all mobile games. It is, therefore, important to check the list of compatible games if you don’t want to use your hard-earned money on something that won’t help you.
2. BEBONCOOL Bluetooth Controller with Vibration
The BEBONCOOL Bluetooth gamepad is a pocket-friendly wireless that offers a tight gameplay for as low as $26. It comes with an exclusive design that has in-built LED lights for visualizing the buttons and a double motor design that brings exciting game experience. It also has a convenient volume adjustment function; you are required to press the L1&L2 buttons and the Vol button if you want to adjust the volume to whatever direction. It is compatible with a broad range of Android devices such as Samsung Note 5, S6, S6 Edge, S7 Edge, S7, and Android tablet, Samsung Gear VR, Emulator and Android TV Box. Its rechargeable 600mA can last for at least 10 hours of continuous play.
- We can only complain about the lack of a smartphone clip. Most users feel that the designer should have included this important function.
1. MOCUTE Wireless Bluetooth Game Controller Gamepad Joypad Joystick
MOCUTE wireless game controller is our top pick for many good reasons. To start with, it features an ergonomic shape with new right and left shoulder buttons that are designed to offer ease of use while giving you full control to play games for hours without feeling that your fingers are tired. Moreover, the gamer flexibility, control, precision, comfort, and quality provides optimal comfort and prolonged gameplay whether you are just new to gaming or you are an experienced gamer.
- We have not received any complaints about this controller. The battery is rechargeable, the design is fantastic, the pricing is fair, and it is pocket-friendly too. All these attributes make it a perfect product.
It goes without saying that a Bluetooth gamepad controller is one of the must-have accessories for mobile gamers. That is the sole reason why the market is flooded with many models. Each model has its unique features that spice up the gaming experience in one way or the other. While some controllers end up disappointing you after buying them, the top ten products explained in this article are the best in the market as they save your money, time and hassle. They incorporate all the features one would want in the best Bluetooth gamepad controller.