Whether you are looking to buy a bike helmet for yourself or looking to gift it to a loved one, you will naturally want to make sure that you purchase the very best one that you can find. But given the fact that there are so many choices to consider, it may prove a bit difficult for you to settle on one. It may seem as though there are as many helmets as there are bike types, and this may not be very far from the reality.
With that said, time has come to demystify this problem, and look at what you ought to consider when purchasing a bike helmet. Some of the factors to keep in mind include:
- Safety: This should always be the first thing in your mind. A good helmet will protect you in the event of an accident, ensuring that you do not seriously hurt your head. Ensure you take a look at the safety standards before completing a purchase.
- Fit: You do not want to end up with a safety that can protect your head, but does not fit on your head. Try and measure your head’s circumference, and then use the guideline that has been provided by the manufacturer to choose the perfect helmet size.
- Retention Mechanism: The retention mechanism refers to the system used to adjust it. A helmet that does not have a retention mechanism cannot be adjusted to fit your head, which means that it will not be of much use in the event of an accident. Consider the retention technology that has been used by the manufacturer.
- Weight: Whenever you are choosing cycling equipment and accompanying accessories, be sure to keep weight issues in mind. Ensuring that it is lightweight means that you get to pedal using less energy, which helps you pedal much faster.
Best Bike Helmets in 2018
If you are in the market for the ideal bike helmet, look no further than the list below. We have taken time to review ten of the best bike helmets in 2018.
- 10. Base Camp Cycling Bike Helmet with Removable Shield Visor – Adjustable M L Size 22-24 Inches
- 9. Critical Cycles Classic Commuter Bike/Skate/Multi-Sport cm-1 Helmet with 10 Vents
- 8. Zacro Lightweight Bike Helmet, CPSC Certified Cycle Helmet Adjustable Thrasher for Adult with Detachable Liner with Water and Dust Resistant Cover, Grey
- 7. JBM Adult Cycling Bike Helmet Specialized for Men Women Safety Protection CPSC Certified (18 Colors) Black/Red / Blue/Pink / Silver Adjustable Lightweight Helmet with Reflective Stripe and Removal
- 6. Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
- 5. KINGBIKE Ultralight Specialized Bike Helmets with Rear Light + Portable Simple Backpack + Detachable Visor for Men Women (M/L, L/XL)
- 4. Giro Revel Cycling Helmet
- 3. Zacro Adult Bike Helmet, CPSC Certified Cycle Helmet, Specialized for Mens Womens Safety Protection-Blue Plus White, Bonus with a Headband
- 2. Team Obsidian Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet w/Detachable Visor, Padded & Adjustable – Adult Size, CPSC Safety Certified – Comfortable, Lightweight, Breathable
- 1. Critical Cycles Silas Bike Helmet with LED Safety Light Adjustable Dial and 24 vents
- Final Thoughts
10. Base Camp Cycling Bike Helmet with Removable Shield Visor – Adjustable M L Size 22-24 Inches
Our manufacturing facility—established more than ten years ago in China is a source of professionally designed cycling gear for bike lovers. Early on, we realized the need for us to be in control of the entire manufacturing process as it helps us guarantee quality, as well as ensure that all our products were of superior quality. This particular helmet has been designed using integral molding technology, which helps ensure that the helmet comes out as a one-piece product. The technology also helps ensure that our products are capable of absorbing any impact in the event of a crash, guaranteeing that your head will remain safe, and intact. This helmet also comes with a one hundred percent optical protection shield that is not only light-weight, but also shatter proof.
9. Critical Cycles Classic Commuter Bike/Skate/Multi-Sport cm-1 Helmet with 10 Vents
This helmet has you covered in all your biking aspects. Whether you are skating, commuting, riding your mountain bike or your BMX, you are assured that you are safe from any accidental impact. The CM1 helmet has been designed to help ensure that you will not only stay safe, but that you will look good as your cruise in your neighborhoods or biking trails out in the countryside. It is a model that has been designed for use by sports people, and is one that guarantees unsurpassed durability and comfort. The CM1 helps capture your unique sporting capabilities, while at the same time acting as your ideal companion for all outdoor and indoor biking adventures.
8. Zacro Lightweight Bike Helmet, CPSC Certified Cycle Helmet Adjustable Thrasher for Adult with Detachable Liner with Water and Dust Resistant Cover, Grey
The Zacro Lightweight biking helmet is perfect for people of all ages. It comes with an outstanding design that features quick-release buckle that can easily be buckled and unbuckled by the rider without having to make any adjustments. It also comes with a specially designed aerodynamic look that helps supply ventilated air to your head ensuring that you remain cool even as you blaze through the countryside trails. It has been made using EPS, PC, and PVC materials, and has been CPSC certified. It is a quality helmet that also happens to be very lightweight making it good for use by any biker concerned about their safety and general well-being.
7. JBM Adult Cycling Bike Helmet Specialized for Men Women Safety Protection CPSC Certified (18 Colors) Black/Red / Blue/Pink / Silver Adjustable Lightweight Helmet with Reflective Stripe and Removal
As its name suggests, the JBM biking helmet is specifically designed for adults looking to engage in biking activities either in the city or in the biking trails up in the mountains. JBM has adopted a special ventilation and aerodynamic design for this helmet, which makes it possible for air to go through your helmet as you increase your speed. Although it comes in a normal size, it is also equipped with side straps, and easy-to-use dial system that makes it adjustable. Its adjustability means that it can be used by both men and women without having to worry about the size of the wearer’s head.
6. Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
The designers at Schwinn understand that no one wants to ride around their neighborhood with a helmet, despite the fact that a well-fitting helmet can easily save your life. But despite having this information, the excuses advanced by people on why they do not want to don one are too many ranging from they are hot to they can be really uncomfortable. It is the reason why Schwinn has taken its time to come up with a helmet that not only fits perfectly, but also one that comes equipped with a dual fitting strip. The strip helps provide adjustability, as the twenty-one ventilation holes fitted at the top ensure that you get to remain cool even as you ride around during the warm summer days.
5. KINGBIKE Ultralight Specialized Bike Helmets with Rear Light + Portable Simple Backpack + Detachable Visor for Men Women (M/L, L/XL)
Kingbike has for years tried to set itself apart from the other bike helmet manufacturers by providing riders with a wide variety of choices. For this particular model, the rider has three modes to choose from: always on, fast flash, and slow flash. These three modes are for use when riding your bike at night or in the early evenings. Apart from the three night riding modes, the helmet is adjustable providing a perfect fit, and has been stylishly designed which means that it can be used by both men and women.
4. Giro Revel Cycling Helmet
The Giro level cycling helmet comes in a confident and very breezy design. In addition to being well-ventilated, it also comes in a compact design that can easily complement any bike. Some of its best features include the mold construction, which comes combined with the Roc Loc Sport fixing system. It is a system that helps ensure that you are comfortable, as well as provide you with versatility that you require to ride single track trails, twisting climbs, and downtown streets without ever having to worry about your safety. If you are looking for value and performance, then look no further than the Giro Revel bike helmet.
3. Zacro Adult Bike Helmet, CPSC Certified Cycle Helmet, Specialized for Mens Womens Safety Protection-Blue Plus White, Bonus with a Headband
The Zacro adult bike helmet is an adult helmet that has been proven to be lightweight, comfortable, well-built, and very sturdy. You will notice that its crown, chin strap, and visor do not feel flimsy in any way. additionally, its entire setup is easy to use as it is not bulky, making it possible for you to pedal with ease in all types of surfaces. Its materials are adaptable, which is a factor that plays a very important role of absorbing the shock as well as cushioning you when riding, thereby making sure that the head is properly protected.
2. Team Obsidian Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet w/Detachable Visor, Padded & Adjustable – Adult Size, CPSC Safety Certified – Comfortable, Lightweight, Breathable
Do not compromise on your looks or head safety when out riding with this bike helmet designed by Team Obsidian. The helmet comes with a lightweight but very durable design that has been made from the finest materials around, and which also happens to be resistant to all types of shocks. Its in-mold technology guarantees that you will be provided with real safety when riding as compared to cheap plastic helmets which tend to shatter on impact.
1. Critical Cycles Silas Bike Helmet with LED Safety Light Adjustable Dial and 24 vents
Whether you are cycling along the city streets, commuting to work, or traversing the countryside trails, you can ride with ease, and confidently knowing that the Critical Styles bike helmet has been designed to protect you from all types of impact. It is a helmet that has been built using top tier features, which are meant to empower you the wearer. Its body is made from EPS, and comes with a rear-light night riding visor equipped with three settings. It is also equipped with twenty-four vents to guarantee proper air circulation when riding.
Your bike helmet is an important accessory, and is one that you should always take with you when riding. It is a safety feature that helps ensure that you get to remain protected in case of an accident, which is quite common when racing or riding in the mountainside. With the above list, you should be able to choose a good helmet for your boy, girl, or even yourself.